Stealth Promotion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rihannsu

Refugee
U2 is really keeping things under wraps with this album. They are letting people hear it but only under super controlled conditions. Check out this little blurb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PLENTY of excitement at the Saatchi Gallery on London's South Bank last night.

Diary understands the latest U2 album, "No Line on the Horizon" got its first airing at the venue.

Hoping for a sneak preview? Want to hear if Bono has still got it? Unless someone has been very sneaky you will have to wait a little longer.

The album doesn't come out until March 2, and it was strictly invite only last night.

In fact the security around the event was so strict there was a room set aside for the music journos and assembled grandees, and another one for them to leave their Dictaphones, mobile phones, laptops and other recording devices in.

No surprise perhaps as last year some of the band's new songs where leaked onto the internet after they were recorded outside Bono's French villa.

They were swiftly removed.

Let's hope no fans were loitering outside the Saatchi Gallery last night with recording booms.

As reported here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/.../Feeding-frenzy-descends-on-feeder-funds.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

really confirms that this album won't leak any more than a week before the ireland release.

the good news is that we're 30 days away!

Oh yeah... they were swiftly removed, alright. :wink:

But I'm really surprised (happily, mind you) that U2 and Uni have been so secretive about NLOTH. Hell, they are consciously letting Boots fail in America. Either they've totally lost it, or they're very stealthily in control, with a master plan that we don't know about but that they have a lot of confidence in. Given the tone of the album (what we can discern of it, that is), and statements about it... I'm leaning to the latter. U2 and Uni aren't stupid.

This album is probably being guarded better than some government secrets.

Does this mean that we're going to be getting more reviews from journalists soon?

Info... :drool:

This album is probably being guarded better than some government secrets.

Does this mean that we're going to be getting more reviews from journalists soon?

Info... :drool:

In fact, this MP3 player came with government secrets... but no NLOTH!

Oh yeah... they were swiftly removed, alright. :wink:

But I'm really surprised (happily, mind you) that U2 and Uni have been so secretive about NLOTH. Hell, they are consciously letting Boots fail in America. Either they've totally lost it, or they're very stealthily in control, with a master plan that we don't know about but that they have a lot of confidence in. Given the tone of the album (what we can discern of it, that is), and statements about it... I'm leaning to the latter. U2 and Uni aren't stupid.

Pinky and Brain gotta be involved in all this.....

Paul McGuinness would be better as Director of the CIA than as a band manager.

Actually it would be better if it doesn't leak.
Then everyone can go buy it legally at the same time instead of all this 'send me the leak!1!!' chaos.

I admit I would download it if it leaked, but I would also buy it when it comes out. I think Paul McGuinne$$ knows they can make way more money by preventing leaks.

Actually it would be better if it doesn't leak.
Then everyone can go buy it legally at the same time instead of all this 'send me the leak!1!!' chaos.

I admit I would download it if it leaked, but I would also buy it when it comes out. I think Paul McGuinne$$ knows they can make way more money by preventing leaks.

I feel exactly the same. I would download it at the moment is is leaked, and I would still buy the album. However, it would be great if this time they prevent leaking it. It would bring back the exciting feeling of going to the shop buy it, run home and hear the songs for the first time on my own stereo

I feel exactly the same. I would download it at the moment is is leaked, and I would still buy the album. However, it would be great if this time they prevent leaking it. It would bring back the exciting feeling of going to the shop buy it, run home and hear the songs for the first time on my own stereo

My thoughts exactly

Two of the team from the Chris Moyles morning show on Radio 1 went, apparentely they got quite drunk and were air-drumming lol. They both said it was a great album though, but didn't go into any more detail.

Listening party rules at Uni in Paris: all cell phones, recorders and other electronic devices to be left with security.

wear two pairs of underpants, have a rcorder in between them, with 2 hours of recording time. Hit record befre you go in, and bring an extra recorder so you can remove it and not raise any suspicion that you have another one :up:

It has been more quiet compared to the last two albums. A month before things were buzzing like crazy. They are still buzzing like crazy within the U2 community, but with radio and the general public, not so much.

wear two pairs of underpants, have a rcorder in between them, with 2 hours of recording time. Hit record befre you go in, and bring an extra recorder so you can remove it and not raise any suspicion that you have another one :up:

Make it all plastic somehow, because I'm sure they have metal detectors. :wink:

they sell music in stores? do you have to bring your hard drive with you?

i'm confused by this "store" theory.

and your shoe is actually a phone.

your tie shoots poison ink.

:up:

the one thing I wanted U2 to get from Radiohead was the concept of a world-wide release date. rather than mess aroud with dates that are a week staggered apart, practically inviting pirating, why not release it all the same day. you can make it a Tuesday or Thursday if you care that much about US Billboard Charting (which, if you're U2, shouldn't matter a lick), or put in the extra elbow grease and release it worldwide on a friday or something.

It's too bad. Because for anyone who isn't in ireland, it's not going to be a fresh listen. and there will be a bunch of people who will read reviews for it, go to get it from Itunes or something, see it's not there, and proceed to pirate it.

It's 2009. multiple release dates is SO 2007

stealth and promotion really ummm are opposites.

so if U2 is stealth about this which they are, they aren't promoting it (which is true, and a huge disappointment).

Can we stop with the McGuinne$$ bull?
I find it really insulting.
He has always treated the fans really well and has kept the band going for over 30 years.
If you really feel he is a greedy bastard then you should feel the same way about the boys since he is part of the whole.
It's pretty ironic that fans who want to download the album for free and not pay for it accuse someone else of being greedy and selfish.

Can we stop with the McGuinne$$ bull?
I find it really insulting.
He has always treated the fans really well and has kept the band going for over 30 years.
If you really feel he is a greedy bastard then you should feel the same way about the boys since he is part of the whole.
It's pretty ironic that fans who want to download the album for free and not pay for it accuse someone else of being greedy and selfish.

Yeah...its getting kind of annoying.

Back
Top Bottom