Stealth Promotion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching the Super Bowl on NASN / ESPN Network, that's the only one I can receive here. Any chance I might see the commercial/single? There is an awful lot of advertising for their own channel.

What country are you in?

If you can't see it on TV, it might be on NBC's website.

I've always wondered how many other songs from other bands I've glossed over and didn't give that extra listen or two that I should have.

I find myself giving U2 the benefit of the doubt (sometimes too much) which therefore forces me to be more patient with some of their most difficult and less accessible tunes.

I used to give U2 the benefit of the doubt, but I can't lie, after ATYCBL and the last album of course there were songs I loved but something was missing and I really believe that was Bono who was wrong.

I think Bono feels that he has to do something in his life that is beyond U2, and at the same time I cannot disagree with him if that is his purpose in life, we cannot put someone down U2 if they feel that their life has a new purpose or temporary purpose).

Well it's going to be very hard in the U.S. to put up the numbers Bomb put up 840,000 copies in the first week of release is a number that hasn't been seen by almost any artist since HTDAAB was released in Nov. 2004 and Vertigo was more well recieved than Boots in the U.S.....at least at this point in time anyway

Oh no doubt, but with the right promotion U2 is the most stable artist for the industry, but in terms of hitting the ground running though at the moment we seem to be headed more towards the reception of Pop. I think if it far surpasses their 2000's era material it'll do better than the Bomb overall, maybe even ATYCLB, but if they don't promote it right it won't sustain itself. That said it'll sell boatloads worldwide and they'll sell out every ticket of the upcoming tour, so no worries.

What country are you in?

If you can't see it on TV, it might be on NBC's website.

Thanks. Sorry for answering so late, I fell asleep :)
(It was 3:30 AM here in NL).

ESPN showed Bruce, but not the ad with U2. It's on Youtube now so I've seen it anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom