Stealth Promotion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweden's biggest newspaper have listen to the album :) Instressting reading, you might use google translator

Blog:
Markus Larssons kr?a om U2:s nya skiva | N?bladet | Aftonbladet
"They have fucked up their basic formula"

"And the bands creativity contunie to glow. Det red thread is that it dosnt exist one. Every song has is own indentity and structure. No one should expect the same clean, straight sound the last to albums had"

"When we leave the gallery(where they played the album) it feels like we once agains says godbye to a whole epoch"

Track by track:
S堢ra 䲠U2:s nya skiva | Musik | N?bladet | Aftonbladet

1. NO LINE ON THE HORIZON
A hard, industrial rocksong that screams higher then anything on ”Achtung baby”. Bono scremas the unintelligible lyrics to get heard by the enourmos guitarroar

3. MOMENT OF SURRENDER
Magnificent ballad. If you peel out all the soundlayers it remains a exceptional grain of classic black soul. Bono realy sings his head off. ”Moment of surrender” can grow an be as beautiful as ”One”, ”With or without you” and ”Sometimes you can’t make it on your own”.

7. STAND UP COMEDY
Heavy, masculin 70's rock with hairy chest and lion haircut. The Edge guitar reminds of Led Zepplin and Jimmy Page. But the first impression is "Bullet The Blue Sky". "Stand Up Comedy" is a matter of fact one riff and not a song.
I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight is going to be the second singel and Moment of surruender the third.

Translations (online :wink:):

Interest on U2 is great.

So large that journalists from all over Europe travel to a white gallery in London to surreptitiously listen to new disc only once.

How it sounds?

A lot.

That was perhaps vague.

But it is not easy to form an opinion on an album after a genomlyssning.

U2 has chosen to play the premiere of their new disc, "No Line On the horizon," on the modern and sophisticated gallery Saatchi Gallery at Kings Road.

All visitors may be to start by submitting their mobile phones, BlackBerry, computers, tape recorders - anything that can record sound, including jackets (!) And coats (!) - In the closet. We may add stuff in their own personal board of course, is the environment, marked by a panda.

Then, we proceed to a large white room with white walls, white furniture and white cubes to the table. It offered to drink, cut, and a chip-like, salty snacks are placed in vases and similar palm. Care consists mostly of jeans, glasses and hårfästen as seen frodigare days.

After a neat record dressed person talked for a few minutes - he messes Blaha propaganda that U2 is the world's best band and the new disc is fantastic - starts playback.

The sound is so bad that the cuts in the ears. But it is yet to discern any clear details.

"No line on the horizon" to U2 with its most loyal arms attraction. The music is produced by Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Steve Lilly White - a team together, or separately, is behind the group's biggest and best album.

And the band's creativity continues to glow. The common thread is that there is somebody. Every song has its own identity and structure. No one should expect the same clean, straightforward and accessible sound that the group's last two discs, "All that you can not leave behind" and "How to dismantle an atomic bomb."

U2 has once again shaken up and fuckat their basic formula. It's like the band's experimental Berlin-period talking to the atmospheric widescreen coat on "The Joshua Tree" via Skype. It is often hard, tough and heavy.

The dramatic ballad "Moment of Surrender" burn the strongest. Bono has called for the best song he ever made. Others compare it with "One". Well, but it will in any case be a great cliffhanger for the next concerts.

The direct stage Pop in "I'll go crazy if I do not go crazy tonight" is also out. While the single "Get on your boots" is a terrible, grungetronisk turkey. It can not be said too often.

The rest require more listens and greater concentration.

Where the question is, will be organized similar promotional events in the future? What names besides U2 can attract an intensive and global interest today? International playbacks of the new plates are, thanks to the digital revolution, just as obsolete as the CD-ROM.

To some, it is a special night.

When we leave the gallery, it feels once again as we say goodbye to an entire era.

This is from Google Translate:

A hard, industrial rocklåt as skränar higher than ever on "Achtung Baby". Bono has to shout out the incomprehensible text to vote on guitar vrålet. The whole song is CAST in the lead.
2. MAGNIFICENT
The Edge pouring out even more guitar lava. The song is closely related to U2's most classic rock stage. It is also a bit difficult to grasp after just one listening. The melody and the chorus seems a little unfinished. The group has written hard-hitting Colossians before.
3. MOMENT OF SURRENDER
Magnificent ballad. If you peel away all audio layer remains an outstanding core of classical, black soul. Bono sings really off. "Moment of Surrender" can grow and be as beautiful and great as "One", "With or without you" and "Sometimes you can not make it on your own."
4. UNKNOWN CALLER
Great sound. Great guitars. Large drums. Great song. Small and faint melody. "Unknown caller" probably require a crowded arenas powerful support to his right.
5. I'll GO CRAZY IF I DO NOT GO CRAZY TONIGHT
And then breaking a clear and simple and effective pop song up by the experimental sound masses. 60-talspop facing modern U2. The chorus takes hold of your collar and shakes. Should be a given single.
6. GET ON YOUR BOOTS
Pure crap.
7. Stand Up Comedy
Tung, masculine 70s rock with hairy chest and lion hairdo. The Edges guitar reminiscent of Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page. But the first impression is similar to "Bullet the blue sky." "Stand up comedy" is, in other words, a riff, and not a song.
8. FEZ-being BORN
Here leans all journalists in the Saatchi Gallery closer to the speakers and look puzzled out. What is this something? A dreamy mood-building? A collaboration with Depeche Mode? I would come back. It is probably easier to bone out sounds anthem when I can listen to it in a set of headphones.
9. WHITE AS SNOW
Another style offense, which is detrimental to the rest of the material. A suggestive and gothic folk ballad in which it feels like melody pulsar in the snow.
10. Breath
According musikmagasinet Q think producer Brian Eno to "Breathe" is U2's best song so far. Doubtful. Very doubtful. The jury has not decided yet. But it is hiding a real wrestling chorus

in the trailer and coarse manglet.
11. CEDAR OF LEBANON
Dov and hymn similar conclusion. Bono plays the role as lost WAR and sings unusual back side, backed by bright FALSETTO choirs. Balladen ends, however, before it even had time to begin.

Track by track (online translation) :wink::
Entertainment Bladet Markus Larsson went to London to surreptitiously listen to U2's new album "No line on the horizon."

Here is his impression of all the songs.

A hard, industrial rocklåt as skränar higher than ever on "Achtung Baby". Bono has to shout out the incomprehensible text to vote on guitar vrålet. The whole song is CAST in the lead.

2. MAGNIFICENT
The Edge pouring out even more guitar lava. The song is closely related to U2's most classic rock stage. It is also a bit difficult to grasp after just one listening. The melody and the chorus seems a little unfinished. The group has written hard-hitting Colossians before.

3. MOMENT OF SURRENDER
Magnificent ballad. If you peel away all audio layer remains an outstanding core of classical, black soul. Bono sings really off. "Moment of Surrender" can grow and be as beautiful and great as "One", "With or without you" and "Sometimes you can not make it on your own."

4. UNKNOWN CALLER
Great sound. Great guitars. Large drums. Great song. Small and faint melody. "Unknown caller" probably require a crowded arenas powerful support to his right.

5. I'll GO CRAZY IF I DON'T GO CRAZY TONIGHT
And then breaking a clear and simple and effective pop song up by the experimental sound masses. 60-talspop facing modern U2. The chorus takes hold of your collar and shakes. Should be a given single.

6. GET ON YOUR BOOTS
Pure crap. :angry::mad::angry::mad:

7. STAND UP COMEDY
Tung, masculine 70s rock with hairy chest and lion hairdo. The Edges guitar reminiscent of Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page. But the first impression is similar to "Bullet the blue sky." "Stand up comedy" is, in other words, a riff, and not a song.

8. FEZ-BEING BORN
Here leans all journalists in the Saatchi Gallery closer to the speakers and look puzzled out. What is this something? A dreamy mood-building? A collaboration with Depeche Mode? I would come back. It is probably easier to bone out sounds anthem when I can listen to it in a set of headphones.

9. WHITE AS SNOW
Another style offense, which is detrimental to the rest of the material. A suggestive and gothic folk ballad in which it feels like melody pulsar in the snow.

10. BREATHE
According musikmagasinet Q think producer Brian Eno to "Breathe" is U2's best song so far. Doubtful. Very doubtful. The jury has not decided yet. But it is hiding a real wrestling chorus

11. CEDAR OF LEBANON
Dov and hymn similar conclusion. Bono plays the role as lost WAR and sings unusual back side, backed by bright FALSETTO choirs. Balladen ends, however, before it even had time to begin.

8. FEZ-being BORN

wow, could this be Tripoli???

This is from Google Translate:

2. MAGNIFICENT
3. MOMENT OF SURRENDER
4. UNKNOWN CALLER
5. I'll GO CRAZY IF I DO NOT GO CRAZY TONIGHT
6. GET ON YOUR BOOTS
Pure crap.
7. Stand Up Comedy
8. FEZ-being BORN
9. WHITE AS SNOW
10. Breath

11. CEDAR OF LEBANON

Sounds to me like they think the rest of the album is pure crap. Odd that the stuff Peterrrrr posted made it sound totally great. I'm going to look to the latter. :shifty:

Wait, for those track by track descriptions it seems that the guy only listened to snippets.

Peter , have you checked Expressen? Got a good write up there:D

Ska skriva historia - N�je - Expressen.se

For those that be bothered to translate it to english :up:

Online translation:
LONDON. U2 is back.
Determined to rewrite rock history.
But the question is if they have not proposed a knot in themselves this time.

U2 belong to the category of superstars who have been so great that they can drop the weather and people will still pay tribute to them for their ingenuity.
This time, we are not on the weather. It is about the Irish twelfth studio album, "No line on the horizon", which released the second in March.
Bono claims that the band will make history this time - also.
But as yet, it is just words.
Words like hollow as the launch of their upcoming CD, which began in the pompous forms of the art gallery Saatchi gallery in fashionable Chelsea yesterday.
After rigorous screening - all the guests had to concede about everything except the clothes in recyclable cartons already at the entrance - was passed through the world press into a gigantic ljussal with white walls and white ceiling.
Sen banned all critics of free drinks, giant cachet with parmesan taste and luxurious meze-rights before it was time for the exclusive playback.

Unfortunately, art galleries rarely suitable for music.
While neat gryniga Corbijn images projected on the walls was the sound - after all, the most important - a minor disaster.
I sat next to a Czech journalist. He liked nor the acoustics, but he thought about all the fast songs.
Personally I prefer ballads, if you're going to make such a division.
But above all, I felt a great reluctance, not only because of the blatant sound.

U2 never showed up. Instead, one record company guy, and declared that this was the band's best album of 2000s: "Utmananade, tough and provocative," he said. "An art," he added.
What feels like a very large, while uncertain words.
As if it should be written in the nose.
Like Bono quotes in the UK Q:
- If we get this together for 2009 that belong to us.
And, on the next tour:
- What we are planning has never been done before. We have worked on it long. It is brilliant. A technological revolution.
One senses a certain lack of trust in the new material? A general reluctance?
Or is it just me?

Peter , have you checked Expressen? Got a good write up there:D

Ska skriva historia - N�je - Expressen.se

For those that be bothered to translate it to english :up:

"No line on the horizon"
Full speed ahead from the start. U2 dancers in a song that tries to be raw as "Vertigo" but that sounds remarkably outdated. Right anonymous, apart from a nice stick.
"Magnificent"
Here a familiar guitar loop a la "The unforgettable fire".
A very familiar sound that 1) already is remix of the Black Eyed Peas Will.I.Am and 2) appointed the album's third single. "Moment of Surrender"
This may be U2's greatest moment in 00 century. A seven minutes superb gospel that begins as Spring Steens "Streets of Philadelphia" and ends like a soul version of the band's own "One". Beautiful worse. According to Bono and the best song he ever wrote.
"Unknown caller"
This is not a song. It is a drum loop. With a highly questionable text on a man who, when he should hang, a series of anonymous text messages that he should think about and move on ...
"I'll go crazy if I do not go crazy tonight"
The sound says "Achtung, baby!". Melody says Ireland schlager-EM. The song in general say that U2 is probably heard as much on Glass Vegas Glass Vegas who listened to U2. The next single. "Get on your boots"
As I said: U2 are trying to go to the knock, but the album's first single feels like a slap in the air. A osynkad mix of grunge riffs and electro beats with an amazing lamentable text.
"Stand up comedy"
The Edge's riff off of a melody heard some of the Beatles "Come together" before it snowed in to "The Fly". A so-called Rocker.
"Fez - being born"
A new wave power-groove plus another football chorus. A good idea that does not really loose.
"White as snow"
A subtle acoustic ballad with a serious Bono, appears rather trivial in the text.
"Breathe"
Arena Rock with gospel feeling, so intense that it will tip over cows in the coming tour. The most modern track on the entire album.
"Cedars of Lebanon"
A cinematic, atmospheric ballad that remains fairly anonymous right through.

So...Crazy Tonight = 2nd single and Magnificent = 3rd single?

I don't understand (Online traslation sucks). He liked it?

It seems that way ! Hey guys that translating is going down FAST ! I think all those journalists had a pretty impossible mission, listening one time to a new album played very loudly in a room full of people can´t have been easy! But i am very encouraged by what i have read and the album seems very varied and it appears to be a grower! All the best U2 albums are that way :D

Thanks for the post LemonMelon.

This album really is starting to sound like AB 2.0. The journalist seem to be very blunt and straight forward. As I'm sure they can't give too much away. Were close folks :drool:

drum loops? maybe moment of surrender is as good as the hype surrounding it. tip over cows:lol:

I still think Unknown Caller is going to be off the fucking chain. I even love the lyrical concept.

Back
Top Bottom