Stand Up Comedy: one of the worst ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after really disliking this song, then warming up to it, then concluding that though it's the weakest song on the album, it's not a bad song, i've decided that "Stand Up Comedy" is picked on way too much here.

after really disliking this song, then warming up to it, then concluding that though it's the weakest song on the album, it's not a bad song, i've decided that "Stand Up Comedy" is picked on way too much here.

I reckon. It doesn't deserve so much bashing.

Man! You guys are too much :lol: I feel love for this song and here's why..

"The wire is stretched in between our two towers" Reference to 'Man on Wire' Awesome documentary, very moving.

Bono hums :drool:

The "God is Love...Love is evolutions very best day" part and the riff that follows. It rocks. Admit it.

"Come on ye people, we're made of stars" :up:

You'll be singin and dancin to it at a stadium near you very soon :heart:

I seriously hope this is the LAST record they do with Eno/Lanois. They are overrated and I'm sure over paid. They did great work in the past but that's the past and I'd like to see new blood in the U2 veins.

:yes: I appreciate Eno/Lanois helping U2 starting anew with UF, AB and ATYCLB and the work they did on JT and I guess the band have shown they got a potential for a great album with NLOTH but let someone new in.

They need new ideas for the next decade; the "back to basics" shtick is getting old. Especially if they're serious about hunting that elusive 3rd masterpiece.

I think Eno/Lanois are the only producers U2 will actualy listen in the studio.
Someone new (and young?) would be too afraid of the BIG and famous U2 to push his own ideas, I mean if Chris Thomas and Rick Rubin didn't make it, who can?

i don't mind it!

it's got a nice groove and a bit of a Red Hot Chili Peppers vibe to my ears... i think the superfunky bass rules the song

Back
Top Bottom