Stand Up Comedy Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heard this song in my local H & M shop yesterday, I was stood in the queue and was quite surprised to hear it. Then this girl and her boyfriend behind me said to each other 'is this U2?', to which the girl said 'this actually sounds quite cool'.

Made me smile a little bit and confirmed what I've always thought about the song, that it would make a great single for showing a different side of the band to those who may not be aware of it.

STAND UP COMEDY is one of the few good songs on NLOTH. the other good ones are BREATHE, WHITE AS SNOW, FEZ and GET ON YOUR BOOTS.
:up:

I keep wondering why U2 struggled so hard to keep SUC on the album and still the band are not doing it live. AFAIK, they tried about 5 versions out. And I think it should be brought to the setlist.

My favorite part is "out from under your beds" part. I actually like this song. is there an appreciation thread for NLOTH (the song)?

I never hated this song but it never clicked with me. This song has great potential but the "come all ye people" line and of course the "little old lady" line are awful. I think of this like an American Soul type song (although I like American Soul a little more).

5.5/10

Back
Top Bottom