Spiderman Musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yes or No

• Yes, it's something new and different and could be amazing!!!!

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • No, what a stupid idea, just work on the new album!!!!

Votes: 71 58.2%

• Total voters
had it been a more serious project, i would have welcomed it. this is just stupid.

None of the above. I'm kind of indifferent about it. :shrug: Maybe if I was interested in Spiderman more, I'd be more excited by the news.

I can think of at least 2 or 3 of my friends who're all in their late 20s, who were eagerly waiting for both Spiderman movies and are probably also for the 3rd one. :wink:

well, they're your friends, so that might not be that surprising.

Last edited:
I actually like the idea. I'm in no real hurry to hear a new album. I'd love to hear something different like this.

It is quite possible that the music has been done for some time. I ran across an article the other day from 2005 in which Edge mentioned working on the music for a Spiderman musical to be done in 2 years time. Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it or what magazine it was from.

Dana

Any time the members of U2 have written for things outside of the band, they've kicked ass.

Mission Impossible Theme
Goldeneye
Alex Descends to Hell...

am I missing anything here?

I voted for it because I think its a great idea to try something new. This does not mean they are not working on an album.
I hope it does come to be.

I am a Spiderman Fan and to say its just for kids is a bit crazy. Spiderman has fans of all ages.

Bono and Edge's work on the clockwork orange musical helped lead to the greatest album of all time so let's hope this could have the same effect. I am happy to see them work without the restraints of their rhythem section.

Chizip said:
so who has voted yes?

I did, I don't really give a rats ass about Spider Man but I look at as a new direction, they don't have to be under the "U2 mantle" so there are no restrictions, it could be interesting.

I just have a feeling the next U2 album is going to be in the same vein as ATYCLB and HTDAAB and while I like both albums, neither are my favorites and I would hope Spider Man might go in a different direction for a change...

Chizip said:
so who has voted yes?

Even though I said none of the above, I did because...

1. I don't think it's "stupid".

2. As much as I always look forward to a new U2 album, there's enough other great music to occupy myself with until they come around with something new.

3. I hate that when you haven't voted in a poll, you have to click to view the results. Now that I've voted, the results just come up.

The End

Bonochick said:
None of the above. I'm kind of indifferent about it. :shrug: Maybe if I was interested in Spiderman more, I'd be more excited by the news.

:hmm:

I dont even know what the hell is going on in the world of U2 anymore.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom