[SPECULATION] U2-new single on New Years Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BSBONO

The Fly
So what are the chances U2 debuts their new single with a live version just after the stroke of midnight on one of the New Years Eve shows? Afterall 2009 is their year and what better time to make a splash.
Thoughts?

Thanks. :wave:

Oh yeah, and of course a release on NYE would be fantastic! Still, it doesn't seem like they're keen to be releasing music -- or even announcements -- on holidays. Don't really blame them for that; they would probably just get buried in the day. :shrug:

We'll probably hear the single sometime within the next two weeks.

I rest my case. Err...case closed.

I think we could very well see a site redesign and possibly a few more tidbits about the album come New Year's Day. However, my hopes for a New Year's single are quickly dwindling.

Everything changes... on New Year's Day...

That was what I was thinking.

After all, Bono stated "We want 2009 to be our year." I don't think we'll get the single in the next 3 days.

I think the single is gonna drop on January 1. What an awesome way it would be to start the year.

That was what I was thinking.

After all, Bono stated "We want 2009 to be our year." I don't think we'll get the single in the next 3 days.

I think the single is gonna drop on January 1. What an awesome way it would be to start the year.

Be about right, when the world is too friggin hungover to notice a new U2 record if it fell on their heads :lol:

I know we all (mostly correctly) watch the past patterns with U2 releases, but for releases in general, the time between a first single release and album drop are narrowing quite a bit. Not to hose all of this down, but a first week of January single release for a first week of March album is a huge gap circa 2008/9.

They did it with discotechque

No they didn't.

Discotheque made it's worldwide debut on the Dave Fanning Show at 8:30pm on Tuesday 7 January 1997.

I am supremely confident that the new single will also debut on the Dave Fanning Show. He's on holidays at the moment and I'm not sure when he returns. But I'll bet anything that the new song debuts around Wednesday in his first week back.

only if it leaks... the album's out early march, february is a very short month... so with the usual 4-5 weeks pre-album release, i'd say we'll see a single in mid january, and i think it'll be "winter" as the first single... because the movie it's supposed to be in comes out in mid/late january.

We have already been told the video for the single has girls with marching boots... ^

We have already been told the video for the single has girls with marching boots... ^

If "Winter" is about a soldier, then boots would make sense for that song, too. :shrug:

But it's probably "Get Your Boots On/Get On Your Boots," or whatever it's called.

It would be really great, though, to wake up on New Year's Day and see that U2.com has been totally redesigned, there's a new video online, and the new song has been released.

If "Winter" is about a soldier, then boots would make sense for that song, too. :shrug:

But it's probably "Get Your Boots On/Get On Your Boots," or whatever it's called.

It would be really great, though, to wake up on New Year's Day and see that U2.com has been totally redesigned, there's a new video online, and the new song has been released.

Now you just made me :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
And boots would make sense for Winter, but "girls with marching boots" no...I think :huh:

Winter, about a soldier in Afghanistan, wouldn't feature girls in marching boots I don't think, and judging from the descriptions of what we've heard, i think they'd choose the demented electro grunge or whatever to be the lead single.

oh optimism. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom