Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why then is it available in other regions, but not in the US? They risk having a lot of pissed off customers if the extras are no good.

I wrote to iTunes this morning and got the following reply this afternoon. TAKE NOTE OF THE ITUNES FEEDBACK LINK. We should all write negative feedback and maybe they'll get the message.

Hello Nathan,

Vicki here from the iTunes Store customer support team!

I understand that you would like to know the titles of the two bonus tracks on the album 'No Line On The Horizon' which you pr-ordered. I know how eager you are to receive further information. So please be assured that I am more than happy to assist you with your request today.

Now unfortunately I cannot comment about such matters on behalf of the iTunes Store. If you would like to voice any requests and/or comments, you are able to use the iTunes Feedback page to submit them:

Apple - iTunes - Feedback

Your efforts to share your feedback are very much appreciated. Thank you for understanding, Nathan. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Vicki
iTunes Store Customer Support
Apple - Support - iTunes - World Wide

Please Note: I work
8 AM - 4:30 PM EST February 19th -25th; 28th
8 AM - 4:30 PM EST March 1st - 4th

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

This "Mirage" bit is, to quote, Bulldog from Frasier, total BS.

I want to get a tangible item, so I'm sticking with physical copy. I have serious doubts that they'd let a brand new song be an Itunes exclusive. It'd probably be either NLOTH2 or a remix. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

You guys think it would be possible to tack on the extended Mag intro to the rest of the song? How sweet would that be?

I think the bonus track will be No Line On The Horizon (2), and the iTunes exclusive track will be a live recording of Breathe.

still no clue with 3 hours to go. i cancelled my preorder. if it's something i don't have already, then i'm sure i'll find it somehow. i'm dropping enough money on the box set tomorrow anyway.

I hope it's something really good. If not, I'll still have the album (the cd version doesn't come out until later on tomorrow, and I'll be busy all day so I wouldn't be able to buy it until later this week), but I'll still be pissed.

So please be assured that I am more than happy to assist you with your request today.
[....]
Now unfortunately I cannot comment about such matters on behalf of the iTunes Store.
:lol: that cracked me up.

anyway, i would cancel my pre-order, given that i'm also ticked that they're not saying what the bonus tracks are, but i have a gift card so it's free for me anyway. so i might as well keep it :shrug:

edit: i realized there's something else i can pre-order instead and use the gift card. :drool:

I'm an idiot. I just pre-ordered the $9.99 edition. :coocoo: I ordered the $8.99 CD through Amazon & it still hasn't shipped, and I didn't want to go a week without having the album. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll be surprised & they'll be worthwhile bonus tracks. At least I don't have to rip my CD, I can just throw the Itunes version on my Ipod. :huh: I think this might be the first time I bought a new U2 album twice. Maybe I'll get lucky and "Mercy" will be on there. :hyper: BTW, do they give you access to the download at midnight?

itunes bonus - 2 remixes - just notified

itunes deluxe is now downloading and the bonuses are a remix of boots and NLOTH - lame

Thanks for the heads up :up: You can still cancel as long as you haven't selected begin download. Go to your account and purchase history, or if you get the pop up to download select manage downloads and cancel.

So NLOTH 2 is what iTunes billed as an "iTunes Exclusive" when in fact it is available on the GOYB CD single. What about this Crooker's remix? Is it available elsewhere?

This isn't just a great bait & hook fishing in iTunes' part; this is unethical gillnet fishing. Why couldn't they just tel us the tracklisting?

~U2Alabama

itunes deluxe is now downloading and the bonuses are a remix of boots and NLOTH - lame

QFT. I listened to about 45 seconds of the Boots remix. That's all I'll ever need, I think.

I was surprised that there were 2 digital booklets with it. Although, I suppose that's not too surprising at all. I'm guessing the second one is the "Magazine" edition?

I hope my boxet comes tomorrow or Wednesday.

What a joke!:angry: crap and I reordered the thing because I got an Itunes gift card..:huh:...and why is it downloading now??..Its not midnight?...:huh::down:

Back
Top Bottom