Songs on this album are going to be a beach to play live for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few thoughts:

-White as Snow and a stripped-down version of Cedars would work really, really, REALLY well for the B-stage.

I said that won't be played but I meant not the whole band electric off course.My bad

A few thoughts:
-If there's one album track they're not going to play, it's FEZ. Crazy soundscape is crazy. I can imagine them running FEZ over the PA and then playing Being Born, however.

that is EXACTLY what I want to happen. They should open the shows like that, or the encore. It would be such a strange and cool song to open with.

I'm very excited to see how these songs translate live. I'm sure of one thing: Magnificent will be amazing. It's got U2 stadium classic written all over it.

Hey I guess we'll see how the songs work live a bit on Letterman eh?? :hyper:

"Unknown Caller" and "I'll Go Crazy" are begging for audience sing-along

Fez-Being Born and MoS are the only ones I can see really being a bitch to play live.

Bono just has to get in shape... pushing the sound means pushing the performer. Look at Boots at the Grammies and the Brits... they both almost killed him by the looks of it. Bono needs to be in much better shape.

Hey I guess we'll see how the songs work live a bit on Letterman eh?? :hyper:
Yeah, good point. :up:
One thing I've been wondering: will the band have a screen behind them while they're playing on Letterman? Normally, I wouldn't think so, but they did have a screen at the Grammies...:hmm:
I hope they do...I want to get a preview of what this tour's visuals are going to look like! :hyper:
(But I'll be perfectly fine if they don't...as long as they play Magnificent and Unknown Caller. :wink:)

Yeah, good point. :up:
One thing I've been wondering: will the band have a screen behind them while they're playing on Letterman? Normally, I wouldn't think so, but they did have a screen at the Grammies...:hmm:
I hope they do...I want to get a preview of what this tour's visuals are going to look like! :hyper:
(But I'll be perfectly fine if they don't...as long as they play Magnificent and Unknown Caller. :wink:)

they will trust me.
about bono and his condition. like I said after the grammys. He beter get some oxygen and paramedics ready on stage because judging on the new songs he is in for a tough tour. and that is an understatement

I'd much prefer to have a bunch of other musicians (Dallas, Terry and others) up on stage with the band, playing live and assisting with harmonies etc rather than have backing tracks.

When U2's songs were simple and the band could play (almost) everything live, they improvised a lot more and the shows were unique. Nowadays the setlists and individual songs seem so structured and consistent.

Back
Top Bottom