Songs of Innocence - Vinyl Ed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEnd

The Fly
Anyone receive a copy of this yet?

I'm in Canada and Amazon.ca no longer even lists an estimated ship date for it.

I've read on other forums that it's hard to find in the US as well. Some record stores (Newbury Comics, for example) allegedly only received 5 copies when they were supposed to receive 200 or more.

Anyone have the scoop?

Amazon.ca is the worst for new releases - if I remember correctly I ordered the UF special edition... or maybe the JT one when it was first released and it took something like 3 extra weeks before I got it.

I'm willing to put up with it in this case though because it's actually cheaper than the US site even with our crappy dollar.

I received my copy from Amazon.de last week. I live in Denmark.

Beautiful package I might add.

I received a response from amazon.ca and according to them it's back ordered with the supplier and they do not have an estimate for when it will be available.

They did upgrade my shipping to priority at no charge for the "inconvenience".

A number of record stores here in Texas (US) said they haven't been able to get any copies. I finally found one store that had 4 copies, but even they didn't have it the day it was released.

I had ordered it on Amazon (US) originally, and even paid for next day shipping, but 4 days later they hadn't even shipped it yet. So I cancelled that.

I got mine several days ago from Amazon US. Didn't know there were availability issues. Hmm, wonder why. It's lovely, btw- but haven't had a chance to listen yet.

I kept checking on the vinyl w/ my large independent record store in the city and they said last Monday that they had put a rush order in on the vinyl. (This makes me think they might not have ordered it until they realized customers wanted it?) They finally got it in last Thursday, 30 copies. They also had the CD Deluxe for sale on Friday Oct. 10th - several days before the official US release date.

Ordered mine from Amazon UK. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just as well, because the Aussie availability has been pushed back by a week twice.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I pre-ordered mine through amazon US and it got pushed back to the 22nd... If you check amazon US today it says that it is out of stock

The biggest local store still doesn't have copies. They got irritated because I called every day to check, and finally said 'it wont be anytime this week, ok??' LOL

So when they talk about low sales, just remember it's because so many people that want it, can't get it. I guarantee that has NEVER been the problem on any previous U2 release.

The Aussie release of the vinyl is this Friday... unless it gets pushed back for a THIRD time.

Good luck. Mine showed up today. The cover is the same shiny cardboard they used for the CD. It smudges and stains easily, so I won't be handling it too much!

Only 2 left in stock on amazon.ca. The inventory they got in today is selling fast.

Edit: Annnd it's gone. Looks like a marketplace store has it in stock but amazon.ca itself is sold out of the vinyl.

I checked the inventory of the Amazon Fulfillment center I work at in Florida. Since Oct. 10th we got in just under 500 copies and shipped them out almost as soon as they were in the system lol. Right now we have 4 total in the warehouse and all 4 are in the process of being picked and then shipped.

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

I checked the inventory of the Amazon Fulfillment center I work at in Florida. Since Oct. 10th we got in just under 500 copies and shipped them out almost as soon as they were in the system lol. Right now we have 4 total in the warehouse and all 4 are in the process of being picked and then shipped.

Strange given the resurgence of vinyl that it appears to be so limited. I would have thought if ANY physical format is bought en masse these days it would be the vinyl version. Of course CDs will sell more units, because vinyl is a niche market, but this year will be the highest vinyl sales since the mid 90s and almost all new albums get a vinyl release these days.

If demand out strips supply for one of the physical copies, but sales are so low, it represents a significant miscalculation of the release strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That is odd. How fast do they normally restock inventory?

That is odd. How fast do they normally restock inventory?

Seemed like we were getting multiple copies everyday since the 10th, till yesterday. Prolly at least a couple hundred by the 14th. Then 30 or so a day till the 21st.

I wonder if this will be the one U2 album that doesn't go out of print right away and ends up being sold on eBay for 100s of dollars like everything since Achtung Baby.

I ordered mine from Amoeba Records in Hollywood, received it last week, still haven't opened it yet. I'm torn about opening it or leaving it sealed...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom