Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those hating on this little promo tour:

-I think its awesome U2 is out promoting their new album in 2014. These guys could easily print tickets, charge $200-$400, play the standard hits, and not have no music to offer or care about. Going around playing TV & radio shows, especially in this day in age, is something a band as big (& rich) like U2 don't do.

-Also, the big promo tour is next year in which I'm sure they'll plug in and turn up the volume. Just enjoy the new tunes :up:

Although I am sure it will be online somehow, does anyone know the lag time between UK and US airings of Graham Norton on BBC America and Jools Holland on Palladia? I haven't watched him in quite awhile but IIRC the lag on Graham Norton wasn't that long.

I am starting to worry a bit (I shouldn't probably) about the next indoor tour.... Acoustic stuff all over the place, orchestra..... what if U2 decide to go only acoustic for the next tour? THAT would be a called reinventing themselves!

On a personal note, that would suck!

I am starting to worry a bit (I shouldn't probably) about the next indoor tour.... Acoustic stuff all over the place, orchestra..... what if U2 decide to go only acoustic for the next tour? THAT would be a called reinventing themselves!

I'm with you that it would suck but it will never happen. I do think you can bank on at least 2 acoustic songs per show(vs the usual 1 or 2) and song for someone will be one of them

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I thought about that, but: 1) a completely acoustic show is impossible; maybe "intimate" is the right word, a bit like the 'Stuck In A Moment' we've heard yesterday; 2) this 'two shows' thing is entirely possible, I guess - they're U2 and can very well tour 'Innocence' in an intimate dimension and 'Experience' - after - in the usual stadium extravaganza - which is a word I don't use with negative meaning, on the contrary...In short, I wouldn't worry.

Although I am sure it will be online somehow, does anyone know the lag time between UK and US airings of Graham Norton on BBC America and Jools Holland on Palladia? I haven't watched him in quite awhile but IIRC the lag on Graham Norton wasn't that long.

Based on Palladia's TGNS broadcasts, I'd say it will be at least one week delayed, possibly 2 for us in the US. Oh, wait, I'm thinking Jools Holland. So when does TGNS air in the US and is it on Palladia?

Last edited:
Based on Palladia's TGNS broadcasts, I'd say it will be at least one week delayed, possibly 2 for us in the US. Oh, wait, I'm thinking Jools Holland. So when does TGNS air in the US and is it on Palladia?

Graham Norton airs on BBC America at 10PM Eastern on Saturdays.

Graham Norton website says U2 will chat and play Miracle.

Jools Holland will have them play (several) songs.

It wouldn't be my favorite, but I'd still go. Because passing up an opportunity to see them is just plain silly in my opinion. We're lucky in the sense that yes, they're touring AND its new material, not just "hits".

What time does Norton air tomorrow? That way maybe I can catch it here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

B0F5hyjCMAAzz4g.png

I can't see why anyone would think U2 with an orchestra on tour would suck.

It would be cool for several songs a night, for sure. But fans would begin to miss "U2" if that's all it was. Not to mention the financial logistics/union contracts involved with toting around a strings sections.

Notice Larry's comments in the BBC Whiley interview? Again downplaying the Danger Mouse influence ...saying there was this initial wave of enthusiasm with him but songs really came together with other producers during the past year.

DM also doesn't like U2 all that much just like Eno.

It's a shame because the best stuff is with DM.

Seems like Epworth did a decent job and I like his Ordinary Love mix but am worried SOE will be even more with his and Tedder's influence. Or maybe they will just go with Declan going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Personally I would like to hear half a show with a full symphony orchestra and
the other half with the show being just rock and electric.

If the band Metallica did a show with a symphony orchestra and it was amazing to hear (S&M double-album), imagine if U2 did something similar.

I do not mean, slow acoustic music to put people to sleep in stadiums,
what I am talking about is a Beethoven symphony! Beautiful LOUD NOISE from 100 violins - Not a violin quartet.
If U2 wants to sound diferent, then they will have to introduce diferent instruments into their already known songs.
Bring in some Indian musicians with Sitars and new sounds. Bring in some Maroccan musicians playing
those funky drums and flutes. Japanese TAIKO drums!

A 1 hours concert with just acoustic music by U2 would put everyone to
sleep in the stadium.

Enough with the acoustic sessions... I want the full band playing their asses of. Bring Volcano, The Miracle, Baby Tonight...

I can't see why anyone would think U2 with an orchestra on tour would suck.

It's just that there would be no room under the stage with Terry, Danger Mouse, Adele, and a bruised and battered Peter Rowan (he doesn't play anything, they just like to have him around.. just in case).

Any idea what was played on graham norton?whens jools holland being recorded

Whens that bottom picture from? Bono looks like the popmart era bono and edge looks like the atyclb era edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom