Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Good people of Interference, you made a terrible mistake! Sources say you shouldn't be here. It's all U2 splitting up, unfinished albums and pickles!

latest news and fears, mostly copied from popacrobats last thread:
- Rolling Stone says no album this year per an anonymous spokeswoman
- U2 have the iHeartRadio festival coming up (9/23) and DreamForce (October)
- Steve Lillywhite apparently has a mix of the single on his phone and was brought in to help with mixing
- Multiple sources from posters here have been indicating that the band have cold feet about releasing an album this year
- A number of DJs supposedly remixing songs from the new album, possibility of a remix bonus disc when SOE sees the light of day?
- Band + Terry Lawless all in LA, presumably rehearsing, with Bono currently off doing some UN stuff?
- Registered Dude's source hints the band may or may not play this Friday?? Some at Inteference assume that's it, no album at all and the band are splitting up. AtU2 surprisingly keeping it together. For now.

anyway, vote in the poll! there are lots of us here, i'd love to see where everyone thinks the band are at!

Good people of Interference, you made a terrible mistake! Sources say you shouldn't be here. It's all U2 splitting up, unfinished albums and pickles!

Still like 64 posts till the other thread hits 1,000, quite the PE gareth..

one of you two has to pic a new avatar. only now do I realize you are two separate individuals!

Still like 64 posts till the other thread hits 1,000, quite the PE gareth..

i know, I know, sorry guys, I'm sorry for posting this thread a bit early but it's essentially just a placeholder, I wanted to get a poll going as I'm very curious to see what everyone's mood is about what will happen on Friday. Thought we'd get a bigger response if the poll was attached to the next SOE thread. so yeah, ignore this thread for now (can someone close it temporarily?) and we'll go and burn the other one? :up:

Where's the option to vote for how these threads really make me feel?

mns.gif

wow. look at that poll. Optimism abounds!

It just doesn't make sense. They are frolicking around, posting on Instagram, all together (except Bono's trips), and they can't burn ALL their capital with iHeart by not doing a new song AND not playing at all. Then again, u2.

What is fucking wrong with these guys. They should listen to their interview with the Scotts.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This will either be the thread that we get some new music, or the thread where interference causes the entire internet to implode. By Saturday, either way, the tides will turn in this place.

Is there an option for:

- Bono quits the band to be a full time politician and is replaced by Scott Stapp

?

So, thinking about this, the rumor is that U2 might not *play* iHeart. Maybe it is some other kind of immersive experience? That's why the need the extra rehearsal time? Maybe it's not being seen as a traditional rock concert? :hmm:

Perhaps a virtual reality tour of Adam's favorite art museums?

Last edited:
I can't wait for them to play absolutely nothing but warhorses, then for Bono to announce before the last song that they've got a new album coming in March 2017... and for us to be sitting here in March 2017 freaking out because another band spokesperson in the latest Rolling Stone says no album until 2018.

I can't wait for them to play absolutely nothing but warhorses, then for Bono to announce before the last song that they've got a new album coming in March 2017... and for us to be sitting here in March 2017 freaking out because another band spokesperson in the latest Rolling Stone says no album until 2018.

This is actually 100% what I am expecting them to do. I would be shocked if we heard a new song anytime soon.

This is actually 100% what I am expecting them to do. I would be shocked if we heard a new song anytime soon.

It would be completely out of character for them to release an album before 2018. If somebody came from the future and told me u2 wouldn't release anything for 2 more years, I would fully believe them.

This SOE business always seemed like it was too good to be true. They should've just released SOI and did a 2 year world tour after that. Certain parts of the world and major cities have gone too long between U2 shows.

Or maybe they'll completely surprise me and release something within the next 6 months.

I'm going to be very optimistic and join the "full album released" camp. Either before the event or as soon as they leave the stage.

Last edited:
Is there an option for:

- Bono quits the band to be a full time politician and is replaced by Scott Stapp

?

U2.Com: U2 Announces New Lineup To be Unveiled at iHeart Radio Fest: Scott Stapp on Vocals, Lars Ulrich on Drums, C.C. Deville on Guitar and Adam Clayton on Bass

I forget the names of the producers they were potentially working on material with other than Tedder and Lee. Can someone refresh my memory? Any tweets or any info they may have shared?

So are we still in the doom and gloom/meltdown stage or are we now transitioning back to a the album will be out this Friday stage? Interference is like the best of the best roller coaster I've ever been on!

I forget the names of the producers they were potentially working on material with other than Tedder and Lee. Can someone refresh my memory? Any tweets or any info they may have shared?

Andy Barlow and Jolyon Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom