Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok we are only 9 days away from iheartradio music festival, anybody knows about a link to see it live online???

Good. So, apart from some of our insider stories, all publicly visible signs are positive. It's going to be a long 9 days...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We are not there yet. Even if all 4 are in LA and are rehearsing... does not say anything about album this year..... and that's what I would really need within the next weeks/months.

New song (hopefully first SOE Single) is great... full album would be better

All in LA, Steve Lillywhite mixed final cut, Larry's had a (botched) face lift, all signs are pointing to Your Are The Best Thing (About Me) next week!

The stars are aligning. I expect the single on or before iHeart...still have positive vibe about new album in 2016 but who really knows anymore?

Another thing would be to release single, play few shows coming up, talk about album coming soon, release another song in Dec/Jan (something very different from 1st single), and then put album out in Feb/Mar w/ tour announcement.
That option doesn't make sense if we still assume the tour will start in or around march. So far I don't think we have reasons to doubt that.

I'll say it again, for a long time the plan was to release a single the week of the iheart event. Likely the 20/21st.

not sure why it's these dates specifically, and not sooner.

obviously things can change etc etc this is u2 blah blah nothing in stone
Somehow up until now everyone was talking about friday as a release day. Now we're discussing the first half of the week. I don't remember these things and don't know enough about the music industry. Is a release at the beginning of the week likely?

I wonder if Adam's on Strava...

(Someone's got to get that ref right?)

How are the stars aligning? Why does anybody think anything will happen?

The evidence seems to lean heavily towards a new album NOT happening this year. I'm firmly in the album 2017 camp, with possibly a single this fall. I'm convinced that at one point they intended to kick off the album this fall with a single at iHeart festival, but then they remembered that they're U2.

How are the stars aligning? Why does anybody think anything will happen?

The evidence seems to lean heavily towards a new album NOT happening this year. I'm firmly in the album 2017 camp, with possibly a single this fall. I'm convinced that at one point they intended to kick off the album this fall with a single at iHeart festival, but then they remembered that they're U2.

Care to elaborate on this evidence?

Agree that there seems to be very little pointing to an imminent album release. Except that, if they really like the single, why squander that with a later album release? Yes they've done it before but it was a disaster. They surely won't repeat that?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Also, the poverty conference being in Montreal - 5.5 hour flight, what is to stop promo occurring on Friday - and the rest of the band could carry it on the weekend

Why does Bono need to be in any particular city when a single gets launched?

I think the idea here is bono won't want it to overshadow what he's doing in Montreal

Or vice versa.

Just seems ill timed to have these things happen together. Sure maybe the rest of the band can promote over the weekend, but just I can't imagine them not giving 110% in promoting something new.

Monday onwards seems far more likely to me.

Regarding the day of the single release: what promoting do they actually need to do on THAT day? Just drop it and check for public response. They don't need to do a talk show or visit a radio station day of release. Technically, they could all be on 4 different continents when the song is added to iTunes or whatever.

Care to elaborate on this evidence?

Rolling Stone saying it's not coming out until 2017.

Also the fact that it's September 15th and we know nothing.

What makes you so sure something is coming out?

Rolling Stone saying it's not coming out until 2017.

Also the fact that it's September 15th and we know nothing.

What makes you so sure something is coming out?

I'm not so sure - you just mentioned the presence of evidence, but didn't present any. I'm a genuine 50-50.

I place as much faith in the Rolling Stone article as I did in the billboard article a week before SOI that said no new album until 2015.

The argument for is fairly solidified with the whole beach clip, song played by Kygo live thing. Knowing u2s wont to keep things secret, it would not be unreasonable to think an article that predominantly regurgitated months old info is possibly off the mark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom