Songs of experience - will this be the thread that we see new music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly U2Valencia was actually in the studio w/U2 and heard The Miracle when it was called something else. While I trust that they've heard something in regards to SOE, who knows what it really means at this point.

If U2 drop a single or an album today, I'd be VERY SURPRISED....:sigh:

So not sure i saw this translation.

Google translate of U2Valencia tweet

Following the rumor last week, today # Tightrope U2 single launch Unless announce something in the # WWDC16 everything will fizzle .. The answer from 1 hour and a half

this makes more sense i guess. Saying that it wasnt debuted on radio, so if it doesn't happen at the keynote, then the whole rumor dies out.

Totally agree on the last point. I think it would be somewhere in the middle sort of integrated into the presentation. No huge announcement, but like i've said before, maybe U2 mentioned along with several other big artists.

Yes this could be a possibility! I don't think it will happen but possible sure. And yes I am not going to throw u2 Valencia under the bus, I just don't trust any rumours anymore or don't allow myself to get excited. That way if nothing happens then no big deal and if something does happen then great! Heck I almost don't even trust if u2 was the source lol. I've become that guy lol. I believe it when I see it.

But still it is strange .. if the release is connected with iTunes/Apple Music ... that software update won't be available to the public before Sept 2016. So they can present it with some new features of Apple Music / iTunes .. OK .. but if they want to release it today .. the end users still have the old/current version of that software installed.
If Apple Music or iTunes is upgraded the thought is that this upgrade would be available immediately... not like an OS announcement that will be in beta for a few months.

I'd put it at about 90% no, 10% yes.

Just one thought re the Press Pass posted before .. it was coloured in (RED) ...

Didn't the Invisible digital Release proceeds go to (RED) as well?

If Apple Music or iTunes is upgraded the thought is that this upgrade would be available immediately... not like an OS announcement that will be in beta for a few months.

I'd put it at about 90% no, 10% yes.

To my knowledge, Apple Music overhaul is part of iOS 10 - > official release Sept 2016.

Re iTunes - I don't know.

We'll see

Tim Cook just said the words "North Star"... confirmed that the new U2 song is North Star. :hmm:

This song sounds like The Miracle 2.0.
U2 post 2000 is a shell of its former self.
This whole guitar rock lead single is embarrassing.
They need to start playing music that reflects their age.
The lyrics are generic and this wouldn't even be a b-side on POP.
That's 3 crap lead singles in a row.
I don't even listen to their new stuff and this is why!
Bono looks fat in the video.

Oh, wait....did I post this too soon???

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Someone on Twitter noted that Springsteen and Madge's websites were down at the same time as U2.com last night.

yeah.. so, that kinda pours water on the whole thing, no? unless they're all part of some Apple Music exclusive format

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom