Songs of experience - will this be the thread that we see new music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the u2.com

Typically you do maintenance on a weekend night when traffic is going to be at the lowest. Servers need to be patched, bugs fixed in code, etc

That's prob all it was.

Now the U2Valencia....maybe they're trying to cover their ass by saying it'll be out, unless U2 changes their minds....

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

so is that what the translation means? They'll release it today with Apple unless they change their minds?:doh: That's a load of crap.

I don't actually think we'll see a new U2 song today, but the one thing that lends *some* credibility is that it's expected that there will be an overhaul announced for Apple Music today.

U2Valencia:

"En esta ocasión no estamos seguros, no parece que vaya a salir nada, pero nunca se sabe"

In short: "We're not sure, don't expect anything, but you never know"

Covering their back, kinda? - with no disrespect to them.

U2Valencia answered how sure they are about today

en esta ocasión no estamos seguros, no parece que vaya a salir nada, pero nunca se sabe

On this occasion we are not sure. It does not look like it would happen nothing but you never know.

Very opaque this ...

Bono is doing a solo cover of Steve Ballmer's "Developers." Proceeds to benefit the people who miss the 1997 version of the band.

U2 Valencia didn't even mention a source for these rumours, am I correct? How could anyone believe it? Yes they were right last time but a rumour without even a source is just a bad rumour.

I know what you mean. BUT, i hate the shoot the messenger, because i would hate for the few decent messengers out there to not update us with info that they get. If nothing else, it breathed some life into the forum for a week.

Their info on SOI was pretty solid, and if this one doesn't pan out, hopefully they will get it right next time.

Actually if it happens it'll probably be at the end of the event, so probably in around 2 hours, give or take.

I know that many people loathe the idea of them working with Apple again. But there is one way that it could work. If they diffuse the situation with humor, sort of like celebs or pols do by going on Saturday NIght Live.

They could have the band sitting in the audience this time, and say, "Don't worry, they will NOT be coming up to play you a new song or give you a free album again! But their new single from the upcoming album SOE, will be our first interactive Virtual Reality song debuting on iTunes."

Or something like that. It would make them look a bit humble, let everyone know, that they get the screw up from last time, and they still get to debut the song.

Anyway, one can dream.

I'm not about to throw U2valencia under the bus for reporting on a rumour, and saying it's a rumour from day 1. It's not like they make a habit of reporting on every little bit of speculation

U2Valencia has been reliable in the past. They obviously heard SOMETHING, but we'll find out soon if what they heard was correct or if they were misled.

The U2.com downtime is also very interesting... but it could also just be routine maintenance.

As I've had my doubts about this Apple connection again happening, it's not out of the realm of possibility that U2 did plan on a surprise release to radio or on the net today but postponed due to the events in Orlando. It's equally possible that U2Valencia got some bad information and they never planned anything today.

IF there's a release today at the WWDC, IF they went back to the well with U2 again, I doubt it would be as a "one more thing..." at the end of the conference. More likely somewhere in the middle as part of the revamped iTunes/Apple Music.

U2Valencia has been reliable in the past. They obviously heard SOMETHING, but we'll find out soon if what they heard was correct or if they were misled.

The U2.com downtime is also very interesting... but it could also just be routine maintenance.

As I've had my doubts about this Apple connection again happening, it's not out of the realm of possibility that U2 did plan on a surprise release to radio or on the net today but postponed due to the events in Orlando. It's equally possible that U2Valencia got some bad information and they never planned anything today.

IF there's a release today at the WWDC, IF they went back to the well with U2 again, I doubt it would be as a "one more thing..." at the end of the conference. More likely somewhere in the middle as part of the revamped iTunes/Apple Music.

Totally agree on the last point. I think it would be somewhere in the middle sort of integrated into the presentation. No huge announcement, but like i've said before, maybe U2 mentioned along with several other big artists.

But still it is strange .. if the release is connected with iTunes/Apple Music ... that software update won't be available to the public before Sept 2016. So they can present it with some new features of Apple Music / iTunes .. OK .. but if they want to release it today .. the end users still have the old/current version of that software installed.

I find it particularly interesting that they haven't posted any condolences about Orlando. Seems like something they would do. A little too quiet but that's just me being hopeful for new music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom