Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new Tay Tay vid will have her nude. She'll get a million zillion willion views, regardless of the song's quality.

THIS is where U2 need to be heading! Imagine Bono crooning the acoustic Best Thing nude!

Imagine Bono crooning the acoustic Best Thing nude!

wpid-bonobeachsp_450x450.jpg

I'll pass, thanks.

Love Breathe. There are only 4 songs I really like on NLOTH and Breathe is #2 behind Magnificent

Love "Breathe", "Magnificent", "Moment of Surrender", "Unknown Caller"....a very under-rated album with several under the radar gems.

Love "Breathe", "Magnificent", "Moment of Surrender", "Unknown Caller"....a very under-rated album with several under the radar gems.

Yep and I know unknown caller doesn't get much love around these parts but I actually really like it. The lyrics ofcourse aren't great but that actual music is pretty darn great. The outro is epic.

I agree with all but magnificent... never seemed that good.

I agree. It sounds good and has a good groove but it doesn't go anywhere and I really don't like the lyrics.
.I like Unknown Caller a lot though - music and lyrics!

Breathe belongs with Boots and Best Thing—an uncohesive song with truly cringeworthy lyrics.

Let's go back to the banana chat.

Heh, not it doesn't.

The lyrics are fine with me and the sort of ramshackled delivery squeezing all the lyrics in is part of it's style, contrasting with the action "breathe". Plus the lovely " the songs are in our eyes" section.

for me its
NLOTH (that opening sound going into slamming guitar etc rhythm, the change in ?key for the last ''No line" chorus makes it soar far over the horizon in feeling)
Magnificent
Breathe
Unknown Caller (I like the "computer command like lyrics - kind of goes with the strangeness of what is happening in the naritive),
BB-FZ (the lights flash past over me" [hopefully remembering that close to correctly] with harmonizing is sublime)
MOS

Last edited:
Little to no uproar here over the proposed Ticketmaster Verified Fan addition to the presales, or did I miss the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom