Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all opinions. I don't give a shit what negative ones or attitudes someone has. As long as they're not criticizing me for my own.

Yes, I agree. Relentless positivity is annoying and makes for a boring forum. But it’s also distasteful to take joy in telling people that the things they like are stupid and terrible.

People on the Internet have varied opinions. More at eleven.

Yeah, thanks for the info. That's not the point of what I was saying, which is that some people on Interference are determined to hate new material no matter what. You can say that TBT sucks and the rest will be better, but people are going to find things to hate about the other songs, too. Not that any of this is new.

Yeah, thanks for the info. That's not the point of what I was saying, which is that some people on Interference are determined to hate new material no matter what. You can say that TBT sucks and the rest will be better, but people are going to find things to hate about the other songs, too. Not that any of this is new.

Say what you will, all this complaining about complaining comes across as "why won't everyone just like what I like, stop having different opinions".

It's way more tiresome than the couple of people who wouldn't like anything new, even if it was the second coming of Achtung Baby sitting in a joshua tree.

Yes, I agree. Relentless positivity is annoying and makes for a boring forum. But it’s also distasteful to take joy in telling people that the things they like are stupid and terrible.

You are very good at being a centrist on everything.

My thing is seeing the exact same people saying the exact same thing in nearly the exact same way about the exact same song if not weekly then monthly. I don't care if people dislike a song. Yeah, got that the first ten times it was mentioned.

Say what you will, all this complaining about complaining comes across as "why won't everyone just like what I like, stop having different opinions".

Nope. Maybe I've just been here too long and see the same people say the same things about the same songs dozens (hundreds?) of times.

That's not what I'm trying to say. You have a habit of jumping to conclusions.

I didn't jump to any conclusions; I'm telling you how the complaining about complaining reads to me.

I'm not sure what your solution is anyway, other than for people to stop posting certain opinions, which is a non-starter.

My thing is seeing the exact same people saying the exact same thing in nearly the exact same way about the exact same song if not weekly then monthly. I don't care if people dislike a song. Yeah, got that the first ten times it was mentioned.

Let's rank U2's top ten most popular songs again.

This is tiresome. If anyone feels that Axver and the like will blatantly hate everything without analysing it, why the fuck do you care? If you love it, and think others should too but they don’t, it’s their loss.

Calling people out for blindly hating (if that’s even what it is) is just as bad as calling people out for blindly loving. If you aren’t secure enough in your own tastes and opinions to own them in the face of negativity, I don’t know how you have survived as a U2 fan of any era in the big wide world.

This is tiresome. If anyone feels that Axver and the like will blatantly hate everything without analysing it, why the fuck do you care? If you love it, and think others should too but they don’t, it’s their loss.

Calling people out for blindly hating (if that’s even what it is) is just as bad as calling people out for blindly loving. If you aren’t secure enough in your own tastes and opinions to own them in the face of negativity, I don’t know how you have survived as a U2 fan of any era in the big wide world.

Hope this isn't aimed at me. I'm annoyed at the constant need for repetition more than anything else. There's only so many dozen times I need to see [poster] hates [song] for [reason]. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Totally fine with people disliking stuff. I dislike a ton of music including most of what Radiohead has put out over the last decade. But I feel like it'd be in poor taste for me to shit all over the songs I don't like by Radiohead in the Radiohead thread every few weeks.

But the thing is, you all have valid, reasonable, intelligent and well articulated arguments.
And you're all U2 fans.
And there's a current information vacumn.

I fucking love this forum. Even the arguments are nuanced and entertaining.

Although I loved Dan Smee's argument the most and same sex marriage is legal in NZ.

So Dan. You got options.

I hope we’re not back to only 11 album tracks with Edge’s reference to 12 songs being The Book Of Your Heart on the deluxe version. Not that it matters...it just does.

Love Is All We Have Left
You’re The Best Thing About Me
The Blackout
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
Landlady
Red Flag Day
The Lights Of Home
The Showman
The Little Things That Give You Away
(The Book Of Your Heart)

But the thing is, you all have valid, reasonable, intelligent and well articulated arguments.
And you're all U2 fans.
And there's a current information vacumn.

I fucking love this forum. Even the arguments are nuanced and entertaining.

Although I loved Dan Smee's argument the most and same sex marriage is legal in NZ.

So Dan. You got options.

Yeah, my wife is a wedding photographer, and I help her out sometimes - we shot a same sex elopement on Roy’s Peak overlooking Lake Wanaka. Incredible.

http://laurencampbell.com.au/journal/lauren-ana-same-sex-wanaka-elopement

These two were amazing people, and so in love. Was beautiful. I was genuinely honoured to have been there.

Hope this isn't aimed at me. I'm annoyed at the constant need for repetition more than anything else. There's only so many dozen times I need to see [poster] hates [song] for [reason]. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Totally fine with people disliking stuff. I dislike a ton of music including most of what Radiohead has put out over the last decade. But I feel like it'd be in poor taste for me to shit all over the songs I don't like by Radiohead in the Radiohead thread every few weeks.

It’s not aimed at anyone, because the main point I am making is that ANYONE who decides they like or dislike a song before they hear it, and can’t be honest with themselves or others about whether they like it or not is an idiot. I have no way of knowing who this applies to, because I don’t know how anyone on either side of this argument genuinely feels.

I hope we’re not back to only 11 album tracks with Edge’s reference to 12 songs being The Book Of Your Heart on the deluxe version. Not that it matters...it just does.

Love Is All We Have Left

You’re The Best Thing About Me

The Blackout

Get Out Of Your Own Way

American Soul

Summer Of Love

Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

Landlady

Red Flag Day

The Lights Of Home

The Showman

The Little Things That Give You Away

(The Book Of Your Heart)

We should know in 6-9 hours

Yeah, my wife is a wedding photographer, and I help her out sometimes - we shot a same sex elopement on Roy’s Peak overlooking Lake Wanaka. Incredible.

Lauren & Ana - Wanaka Elopement — LAUREN CAMPBELL

These two were amazing people, and so in love. Was beautiful. I was genuinely honoured to have been there.

Uh, Mr Smee, your wife is seriously talented. And what a location! Still haven't climbed that peak - it's on the list.

However, your marriage status alters my proposal. Polygamy is still illegal here. Sorry. I just can't risk jail for your articulate arguments.

It’s not aimed at anyone, because the main point I am making is that ANYONE who decides they like or dislike a song before they hear it, and can’t be honest with themselves or others about whether they like it or not is an idiot. I have no way of knowing who this applies to, because I don’t know how anyone on either side of this argument genuinely feels.

Ah okay. Then it's not about me, because I'm not talking about songs people haven't heard.

Uh, Mr Smee, your wife is seriously talented. And what a location! Still haven't climbed that peak - it's on the list.

However, your marriage status alters my proposal. Polygamy is still illegal here. Sorry. I just can't risk jail for your articulate arguments.

She’s got game :) thanks!

It is an incredible spot. We were lucky enough to ride the chopper up there, which is an experience in itself. The wedding was in April this year. The girls are from DC, and we still keep in touch.

Ah okay. Then it's not about me, because I'm not talking about songs people haven't heard.

It’s about people who lie to themselves or others about how they genuinely feel about songs they have or haven’t heard. Usually this is to keep street cred to identify as a lover or hater.

Well, I fully expect to not really rate this album. It's what seems most likely. What U2 are doing these days and what I like seem to be fairly divergent.

But who knows. Nothing's set in stone and I just want to bloody hear the songs already. I didn't expect to enjoy The Blackout, but I do. Then along came The Best Thing and I hate that more than I expected to. Much more. Usually I like the songs that U2 choose as lead singles. So this can swing either way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom