Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Edge stated they are still only working on ideas lets me think we are very, very far away from a new album.

And the fact that they would start the tour without a new album is just stupid. You're going to promote a two year old album....after a year break....which was needed to finish the next album....to a tour called Innocence and Experience.....

Greatest hits tour is what it'll be if they can't finish. Which will be exactly like the last tour

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It is always the same anymore. They're stuck in a pattern they can't get out of. We should prepare ourselves for a very long wait. :|

The only silver lining is that there was an idea a month before Innocence that they weren't close and we'd have to wait until the next year, and then poof... There it was.

Other than that, this appears to be business as usual for them.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a tour announcement next week, right after the iHeart radio appearance. Which is great and all. But things look pretty shitty on the album front.

Could it mean an extra long tour?, I mean surely they would want to tour the new songs? so if no album before the tour restarts what then for playing the songs from the "new" album? would they want to do that without people having heard them first on an album?

I won't be surprised if all of those Edge's unfinished ideas are released as an album online with the title "unfinished, unmastered"

I won't be surprised if all of those Edge's unfinished ideas are released as an album online with the title "unfinished, unmastered"

Wel... In that case Edge:

latest

they have so many ideas and songs that the only logical thing to do is say that everything after a certain for a date is for a post-SOA album, and to release an album every year.

If the tour resumes U2 has quite a bit of material to hit on & some SOI could become staples:

-This Is Where You Can Reach Me
-California
-Every Breaking Wave (Full Band)
-Sleep Like A Baby
-Troubles

And I would think they would play 1-2 new songs like they did on the 360 Tour.

But it'll probably be the same show....

they have so many ideas and songs that the only logical thing to do is say that everything after a certain for a date is for a post-SOA album, and to release an album every year.

well if King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard can release album every year, so can U2, right?

Last edited:
I think I'll be more pissed if we get the same show....

And based on Edge's comments "I think if we go out again, there'll definitely be some changes. It won't be the same show."

So were gonnna get the same show :|

No, it'll be a different show because Bono will dye his hair green this time

One minute Bono is playing completed songs to people,the next their " in the weeds"? My God,I would rather they said nothing,and just released it when it's ready!

Last edited:
I just hate the corporation feel of U2, and has been that way for a while (and not saying they weren't ever corporate). When they give interviews about their music, Bill Belichick says more than they do.

Haha yes, I remember! Dark days.

This was 4 years after NLOTH came out. Fandom was.....bitter

Why are people surprised about this? Every time we get vibes a new album is around the corner Edge crushes that with non-commital and vague comments. Edge sounds unsure that the tour will even continue.
As BEAL said, if they DO tour end of the year they will be touring an album over 2 years old that will be forgotten by then, so what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Ummm... Why are people losing their shit over this? Basically all positive stuff - 50 ideas, whittled to the 20 they are really excited about. Edge is just mucking around with some guitar ideas, the stuff about touring before album seemed to be 100% speculation from the author based on the fact that edge said they were refining but wanted to hit the road soon. Seems to be an assumption from the author that touring may come before album.

Nothing in this is concrete bad - basically all it does is confirm they are recording, the idea of SOE is alive, and they have lots of stuff recorded...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As BEAL said, if they DO tour end of the year they will be touring an album over 2 years old that will be forgotten by then, so what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app
Well not necessarily. They could start the tour in markets they haven't been to with the i+e tour (such as South America or Australia). There was never any hard proof for a kick-off in North America. Instead they could take the SOI part of the tour to a new market, potentially test some new material, finish SOE somewhere along the way and then return to the US and Europe with a new show.
I share the general feeling that this is bad news though... It could mean a very long delay for SOE. Or they're just teasing us. But as someone else said, I'm not sure they're that clever...

While it's easy to read into these things and get discouraged, it's critical to remember that they finished Songs of Innocence in a week.

While it's easy to read into these things and get discouraged, it's critical to remember that they finished Songs of Innocence in a week.

They had an actual imposed deadline then for the Apple launch, whereas now there is no deadline or pressure. Hell, for all we know we could have still been waiting now for SOI if not for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom