Songs of Experience - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I still hate the idea of album-less tour, my mind is getting dinosaur-like, nobody is really motivated to release new things these days.

sometimes I love to be overly condescending to be sarcastic which is often a dick move.

Sorry I wasn't being an asshole. I was just kind of joking about how the 360 tour just kept going and going and that allusive 2nd album just never came, despite supposedly having 3 or 4 albums done (songs of Ascent, Danger Mouse rock album, RedOne dance album, and the Spider-Man soundtrack). Those were frustrating times, but at least the band were touring. The U2 drought of 2012-2013 was pretty rough.

I really believe they want to release something new during this tour. If they can't muster a new album, Even a 6 song EP would be great, the icing on the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

:facepalm: besides Aerosmith and Metallica; who are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh Metallica is making new music if you didn't know!!

I was probably extrapolating my statement a bit too much, sorry bout that

Will Metallica ever release a new album?

I'm a casual fan of theirs, and one of these days I'm going to scratch beneath the surface. Even saw them live once, highly recommended. I'm not a "Metalhead", just a "good music-head"

Please take with massive grain of salt...

Dallas says album before Christmas, US/Europe arenas and South America stadiums next year.

http://u2start.com/topic/10527/264/12/#669402

Album before Christmas seems highly unlikely, but crazier things have happened. (Like, for example, them dropping SOI into everybody's iTunes accounts without notice)

Dallas says album before Christmas, US/Europe arenas and South America stadiums next year.

http://u2start.com/topic/10527/264/12/#669402

Album before Christmas seems highly unlikely, but crazier things have happened. (Like, for example, them dropping SOI into everybody's iTunes accounts without notice)

Did Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr run into the guitar tech in the red zone again?

#whydoespeterrrlie
#whydoesdallaslie

a) Album before Christmas seems highly unlikely. Even if this was a genuine encounter with Dallas, he "said" that they were "hoping" to release by Christmas, not that it's set in stone, which means it'll be out in 2023.

b) It seems unlikely, but not impossible, that U2 will make a stadium stage to take to a dozen South America shows and not use again. Even if they also do Australia/New Zealand with that stage, I'm not sure I'd believe it. There must be a massive fixed cost to make such a stage, and I'm not sure that 20ish shows will pay for it.

Will Metallica ever release a new album?

I'm a casual fan of theirs, and one of these days I'm going to scratch beneath the surface. Even saw them live once, highly recommended. I'm not a "Metalhead", just a "good music-head"

There are as many rumors about Metallica album as U2 album (#Peterrrlies) but I sporadically hear Metallca album being similar to Justice (or direct follow-up to Death Magnetic).

It's just not possible for U2 to do an arena tour of South America, not sufficient venues. However, it's a significant market for them, and they're unlikely to skip it. Perhaps it'll be stadiums in late 2016 South America, stadiums early 2017 in Australiasia (which is when Joe O said they'd be there), and then stadiums in Europe summer 2017. I doubt NA has much of a need for a stadium tour.

This tour might reach 200 shows!

Three European legs might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe it could happen if Leg 3 = Europe, Leg 4 = US, and SoE is released in between.

I've been having visions of seeing some shows overseas lately since all the Aussie rumours fell off a cliff :sad: lots to ponder...

U2start.com | U2 hits TFI Friday, Channel 4 in UK

Please refer to my posts a couple months ago that SOE would be released in conjunction with the HBO special. Also, yes, i think SOE will top SOI. OK, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom