Songs of Experience - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only been 13 months since the last album. I've changed my prediction from 2020 to 2017. Don't think it will happen next year, but I would love to be wrong.

I'm nuts to say this, but I think there's a good chance we get an album next month.

LP 14

It's only been 13 months since the last album. I've changed my prediction from 2020 to 2017. Don't think it will happen next year, but I would love to be wrong.

2017 makes no sense, the tour will not last that long for the album to have a part in the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

2017 makes no sense, the tour will not last that long for the album to have a part in the tour.

Agree. I feel next March we will use the album.

U2 won't be touring in 2017, they'd have to acknowledge Pop.

10th anniversary - 2007. No tour.
15th anniversary - 2012. No tour.

Coincidence? :shifty:

Courtesy of Jack@forte on atu2:

Surprised no one has put this up yet but Simon Mayo said they would be talking live on his show sometime between 5-7pm tomorrow Tuesday 27th. Simon was at the show last night and said he would be asking about the tour, the music and the new album. He's a long time supporter of the boys. He used to play their new singles twice in a row when it was being premiered which was much appreciated preinternet days. Looking forward to it :)

Same, I just want the music. If the music needs visuals to create an immersive experience then it's not good enough.

Sent from my XT1034 using U2 Interference mobile app

the only way we can hear the new U2 album is to buy the new Apple Holodeck. Sorry everyone.

What's with the Canada HBO link, eh? It doesn't work for me.

But yay, that's awesome. I'm a little leery that it's not on the schedule, but hmmmm.

What's with the Canada HBO link, eh? It doesn't work for me.

But yay, that's awesome. I'm a little leery that it's not on the schedule, but hmmmm.

seems to only exist on the HBO Canada site! Albeit with no date or info whatsoever.

Anyone catch the Bono/Larry interview on BBC 2 today? any new album talk?

Courtesy of Jack@forte on atu2:

Surprised no one has put this up yet but Simon Mayo said they would be talking live on his show sometime between 5-7pm tomorrow Tuesday 27th. Simon was at the show last night and said he would be asking about the tour, the music and the new album. He's a long time supporter of the boys. He used to play their new singles twice in a row when it was being premiered which was much appreciated preinternet days. Looking forward to it :)

Did I miss this? Just tuned in, the latest U2 photo posting jogged the memory - think I may have just missed Bono and Larry.

I'm in the uk, it should show up the bbc website pretty imminently as a replay-able broadcast, i'll see if i can listen in and report back.

Skimmed through it, not much was said really. Larry mentioned that songs were being written "from Vancouver, on a serious basis." They spent time recording whilst rehearsing etc.
He then says "Yeah, we've been pretty serious about - " then the host cuts him off and changes the subject. Kind of annoying.
They mention they haven't ruled out doing a creative release - rather than a conventional one - again.

Nothing new to be heard, really, but the general attitude still sounds pretty optimistic, like they're actually quite focused on getting this thing out (though at what time, who knows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom