Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna be a long 7-10 days..i hope that we'll hear something during the next week such as the date of release (not just a surprise drop), perhaps the name of the song, a tracklisting, maybe even a countdown on U2.com...any nugget at all.:up:

Which means we'll get nothing except more Adam art photos on instagram

It was hard for me to get through this week without news, I can't imagine the next one.

pyFY72V.gif

I'm hoping that at some point next week we start to hear some rumours/buzz about something. Even before SoI we knew something was up. If there really is a single coming imminently, there will surely be some subtle indication.

The fact there were no indications of anything happening this week made me feel deep down that nothing would happen. No rumours on twitter, nothing leaked, no change on u2.com, continuation of the random instagram photos from Adam etc... the 'vibe' was all wrong for there to really be something happening.

So if we get to sunday next week and beyond, and it's the same as it has been this week (i.e. silence, no change), then I'll start to get worried. Because if a single doesn't come out before the iheartradio gig, that to me would suggest they've gotten cold feet and done a super bowl again.

So, since it's painfully obvious that the "this week" prediction isn't going to happen, hopefully it's still in the cards soon.

Probably the biggest worry I have is that if a respected member of the forum was positive that it was happening this week, and it didn't, that it doesn't mean the band got cold feet.

Think it's always gonna seem like it's not happening till the minute it drops. The SOI release and how quiet they were before it changed the game for me. Don't think it's just because they want to surprise, but because the minimal prep it takes to get a song 'out there' these days is really suited to a band that by their own admission tinkers with the song right up to its release. So it makes sense that they are as quiet as they are. I am personally expecting this place to explode any minute.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Last edited:

Amazing how someone can manage to be a consistently preening ass with such little effort.

Also, since chrisedge graced us with a shit-stirring drive-by post and no explanation whatsoever, I hope he'll have the decency to come back and acknowledge his failed intel when this weekend leaves us emptyhanded.

Still time... still time...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom