Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there'll be new music tomorrow. If there is, cool. Hopefully either way we get news soon of SOE and the continuation of the tour.
I think they'll be just as quiet as they are now. Tour news won't happen until November if the first shows are in March. I'm expecting new music as soon as Monday.

I assume Edge is already in California cause he's living in LA most of the time, and I'll also assume that Larry is with them as well, or will be joining them soon.

If Danny wasn't on holidays we'd find it sooner, but for our newer friends, can someone find the original church calling thread with brother Shawn B?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bono is in LA. No reason to get excited. By now we can reasonably assume they'll be rehearsing (& discussing the tour? Re my previous post) for two weeks. But again: the band doesn't need to be in the same place for a single release. So Bono being in LA means nothing in terms of a single. And I don't really believe we'll get anything today. Before iHeart. Next week if we're lucky. Would leave enough time for a fair amount of airplay. I guess if it's not released next week, they might even release it at iHeart. Would be a weird choice but releasing it on radio the day of iHeart (assuming it needs to be on friday) wouldn't make a lot of sense...

It will either be this Friday or next assuming it isn't tied to any other particular event... If it is happening

Two weeks today is the i heart featival date. Maybe the new single will come out on the same day which is a friday anyway.

And there's the new KoL single on Spotify when I wake up. (Note: It definitely sounds like a KoL song. Catchy. And short. )

Nothing from U2. I checked. ;)

No offense to our friends from down under but if they are releasing this thing today , it's not going to be on Aussie time ;)

It'll be at a time where all 4 US timezones plus western Europe are all awake. So in like 6/7 hours.

No offence taken - I have no expectations that they would.

Two weeks today is the i heart featival date. Maybe the new single will come out on the same day which is a friday anyway.

They want people singing it - it will be broadcast later.

If it isn't out within the next 8 days, there is Buckley's chance of it before iHeart

Yea I agree with that... they want at least some recognition going into this event with any new material.

Just to note... EVERYONE playing the iHeart radio show has some sort of new material due. Even Tears For Fears for christ's sake.

The only band that hasn't announced new material, or has already released new material this year, who's playing the iHeart t festival, is U2.

It is quite literally a promotion vehicle.

It makes zero sense for U2 to play this event without new material. Yes, they've made some strange decisions in the i/e era thus far... but playing that shoe without any new material, when we all know that they're working on it... when we KNOW that they've even started giving their songs to DJs to remix... would be the strangest, most baffling decision of all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom