Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I've noticed is that there was a 2-week gap between the beach clip and the Kygo premiere. It's already going to be 3 weeks since then. If the song premieres today or tomorrow, could there be a 4-week gap before we get the album? :hmm:

There won't be a single today,tomorrow or next week or the week after.The album just isn't finish,period.It's not that difficult to understand.

Like i said yesterday, for the iheartradio gig,we'll get Vertigo,BD,I will follow,perhaps Desire and One

And Bono saying at the end of the gig :See you in 2017.

There won't be a single today,tomorrow or next week or the week after.The album just isn't finish,period.It's not that difficult to understand.

You say that but come on you know as little as the rest of us (nothing) so maybe give it a rest? Can't blame us for getting hopeful.

That could easily happen, it just raises the question.....WHY?

Why play that gig? Radio has nothing of U2 to play. There's been no announcement of the tour, so can't promote that. And it would be really stupid to play those songs, announce hey we're back in 2017 with the continuation of the tour....

But this is clumsy marketing U2 now, so it's all possible.

U2.com - Bono: "We have 300 songs and need about 6 more years to cut it down to 11 tracks."

Like i said yesterday, for the iheartradio gig,we'll get Vertigo,BD,I will follow,perhaps Desire and One

And Bono saying at the end of the gig :See you in 2017.

Uggghh :|

That would be pointless and ridiculous on their part. We will have new music at the gig, if not during that week, GARANTEED.

That could easily happen, it just raises the question.....WHY?

Why play that gig? Radio has nothing of U2 to play. There's been no announcement of the tour, so can't promote that. And it would be really stupid to play those songs, announce hey we're back in 2017 with the continuation of the tour....

But this is clumsy marketing U2 now, so it's all possible.

They probably signed up for it thinking that they'd have an album out already. Now if they did indeed back out at least they can push their 40th anniversary.

U2.com - Bono: "We have 300 songs and need about 6 more years to cut it down to 11 tracks."

"You've heard of Rubber Soul? What we have is Molten Lava Soul. We want the best 11 tracks you've ever heard, we just don't think your ears can take it. So you'll never hear it.

They probably signed up for it thinking that they'd have an album out already. Now if they did indeed back out at least they can push their 40th anniversary.

I guess why I'm still optimistic for a single -not an album mind you- is that 1.) bono was blasting the best thing from his house a month or so ago, and 2.) they've shipped it off to at least one DJ to remix.

it would be strange to get cold feet off of one song now. they can still delay the album until late Q4 or Q1 next year and just push the single for now.

i mean, what they want is a hit, right? might as well just promote one song this fall rather than 10.

Uggghh :|

That would be pointless and ridiculous on their part. We will have new music at the gig, if not during that week, GARANTEED.

Maybe...MAYBE,they'll play the best thing,but i'll bet you that it won't be presented as the lead single of SOE. But rather like an appetiser for the new album,just like invisible wasn't showcased as the lead single of SOI.

Maybe...MAYBE,they'll play the best thing,but i'll bet you that it won't be presented as the lead single of SOE. But rather like an appetiser for the new album,just like invisible wasn't showcased as the lead single of SOI.

Sure. Anything is possible at that point. Bono could get hit by a van on his bike once again :wink:

If the Kygo version is even remotely similar to the album version, they should have released it just before Kygo played it. It would have been a great summer song (well, summer for the northeast of U.S.A.)...it could have been a monster hit w/ plenty of airplay.

Think Discoteche but more poppy for the kids...you know their targeted demographic:sexywink::shifty:

I guess why I'm still optimistic for a single -not an album mind you- is that 1.) bono was blasting the best thing from his house a month or so ago, and 2.) they've shipped it off to at least one DJ to remix.

it would be strange to get cold feet off of one song now. they can still delay the album until late Q4 or Q1 next year and just push the single for now.

i mean, what they want is a hit, right? might as well just promote one song this fall rather than 10.

There isn't going to be a 4 month gap between the lead single and the release of the new album.If they play and release for the radio The best thing ,it will be a one off while we wait the proper lead single of SOE,which looks like for 2017

Last edited:
There isn't going to be a 4 month gap between the lead single and the release of the new album.

and why not? it could just be a bonus track to SOE, ala Invisible, which found its way as a weird secret bonus track, and was performed at every ie show.

and why not? it could just be a bonus track to SOE, ala Invisible, which found its way as a weird secret bonus track, and was performed at every ie show.

But Invisible wasn't present as the lead single of SOI,that's the twist.

Yeah, you would think a single at least is still in the cards. Unless Bono and the boys played the song for their hip hop and pop friends and they all gave the stink face. Then it's back to the drawing board!

There isn't going to be a 4 month gap between the lead single and the release of the new album.If they play and release for the radio The best thing ,it will be a one off while we wait the proper lead single of SOE,which looks like for 2017

Your posts are written in such a way that you are stating facts. Do you know something we don't know? Or are these statements just your opinion?

Your posts are written in such a way that you are stating facts. Do you know something we don't know? Or are these statements just your opinion?

Oh it's just my opinion,based on the current zero activity of the band,not currently in the studio not even at the same place as of today.

Ok, Negative Nancy !!:lol:

I'm still optimistic that a single will be out before the iHeart gig...fingers crossed.

Let's just say there is a better chance of Trump being elected in November than having the official lead Single of SOE dropping this fall.

There's more chance of my Note 7 exploding than a single before 2017!

I think if they're not happy with the album mixes, they easily could hold off on the single till 2017

Release it like Boots/NLOTH in time for the tour

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think if they're not happy with the album mixes, they easily could hold off on the single till 2017

Release it like Boots/NLOTH in time for the tour

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yep. Kind of the same timeline when you think about it. If it's delayed, it's a shame they committed to two concerts first. They'll pump up the 40 year anniversary and get a little press for it, then back to the studio in late October and early November.

What kind of stings though is if they really did back out of releasing anything this year, is that they've been doing nothing but posting vacation pictures for the last 6 weeks. You think they couldn't buckle down and get in the studio to tweak whatever they needed?

you're all pissing in my cereal.

please let me just believe that something will happen tomorrow (even if I am delusional).:sexywink:

If the Kygo version is even remotely similar to the album version, they should have released it just before Kygo played it. It would have been a great summer song (well, summer for the northeast of U.S.A.)...it could have been a monster hit w/ plenty of airplay.

Think Discoteche but more poppy for the kids...you know their targeted demographic:sexywink::shifty:

POPPY PEED ON MY SOFA!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom