Songs of Experience Episode VII: The Dreamforce Awakens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 Valencia are also stating that this news also matches up with what information they have. Looks like we are going to have album & tour announcement soon

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Interesting her tweet got deleted...U2 management in action ?

Consider also U2 Espana saying the past weekend was the deadline to finish SOE. And we're certainly heard the US autum rumour before...

So what are we basing the pessimism on?

From my perspective we have had rumours about deadlines, and photos of the band on holiday - now the idea that the tour is starting in Miami based off an Instagram post, and the Dreamforce thing.

So where was the news about the album not happening? Or is it speculation that the existence of a deadline carries with it the possibility that they missed the deadline? One would assume them going on holidays indicates that they hit it, although it could be argued that they missed it and gave up?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

One would assume them going on holidays indicates that they hit it, although it could be argued that they missed it and gave up?

Yeah I started the pessimism train... heard rumour from a friend that the deadline wasn't met. They've been wrong before though

From my perspective we have had rumours about deadlines, and photos of the band on holiday - now the idea that the tour is starting in Miami based off an Instagram post, and the Dreamforce thing.

So where was the news about the album not happening? Or is it speculation that the existence of a deadline carries with it the possibility that they missed the deadline? One would assume them going on holidays indicates that they hit it, although it could be argued that they missed it and gave up?

I'm not pessimist quite yet but a tad bit worried. The reason is that it seems like a lot to release the album, promote it and figure out the new show including rehearsals all in something like 2 months (2 months based on the very likely assumption that they're taking at least a month off). But the show could be more or less finished even without the album being finished. That gives me hope ;) Plus the fall tour is still only a rumor.

I see. They're not done recording yet they're posting vacation pics and referencing autumn tour start.

And we all know what happened the last time they had a booked tour without a finished album.

Didn't Edge fuck with SOI, I mean IMPROVE SOI until days before the Apple Keynote? I don't think that a (missed) deadline in June would prevent a release in September

Didn't Edge fuck with SOI, I mean IMPROVE SOI until days before the Apple Keynote? I don't think that a (missed) deadline in June would prevent a release in September

Apparently they delivered a 10 song SoI to Apple, then asked for it back to include Volcano - that's how last minute these guys still are, even after stuff like Pop.

We've had sources close to the band on this forum say there was an album "ready to go" at the end of 2015, or that things weren't looking good in early September 2014, only for a surprise drop to happen.

I don't think this says anything bad about the sources, I think it reflects just how changeable the band can be, even at the last minute.

So I'm sure if a source says the deadline has been missed, that's probably true, but I'm just hoping that the band decide to release anyway.

I just can't see them releasing anything if they put the tour first, like they did on 360.

All it comes down to is the quality of the songs and the bands confidence in them.

We've heard from the band and even Gavin Friday about how they just have loads of material. Multiple albums worth.

But we get 11 songs every five years. Either they're full of shit with the amount of music, or they just don't feel comfortable with it.

I lean towards the latter. They are desperate for a hit single. I personally believe they would hang it up if they could get one more top 10 hit. They'd find their relevance and could go out on top.

I don't know if they'll ever get another top 10, but I think it's unlikely considering the music scene, their age, and how much they tinker with shit.

All it comes down to is the quality of the songs and the bands confidence in them.

We've heard from the band and even Gavin Friday about how they just have loads of material. Multiple albums worth.

But we get 11 songs every five years. Either they're full of shit with the amount of music, or they just don't feel comfortable with it.

I lean towards the latter. They are desperate for a hit single. I personally believe they would hang it up if they could get one more top 10 hit. They'd find their relevance and could go out on top.

I don't know if they'll ever get another top 10, but I think it's unlikely considering the music scene, their age, and how much they tinker with shit.

If you know U2 at all, you know they always have lots of material before their album. Look at the AB outtakes. And then right towards the end 3 songs are combined to make one.

If they restart the tour without an album, then I think we won't get an album at all. Once the tour starts I can't see them having the time or inclination to finish it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Crippled with self doubt, tinker and tinker until the songs become overproduced and not good.

U2Valencia: U2 to release new album at iPhone 6 event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U2Valencia: U2 to release new album at iPhone 6 event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang so when I got my iPhone 6 there was this album
Called the Great Wall! It sounded an awful lot like Bono and trump singing on it! Maybe that is the album! They are the greatest songs ever though! ESP the ones that feature trump!

No he's brooklynmike. Learn 2 Harry Reid.

harry-reid-injured-eye-AFP-640x480.jpg

Seems like we are all spitballing about everything here and all sources are sketchy. All signs seem to point to an album soon and thinking promo tour in the fall instead of a regular tour based on a more traditional release, but who knows. Seems like they would vacation now after the album is done and then start the marketing ramp up in August for a 40th anniversary release. A quick leg this fall seems unlikely at this point but perhaps an album and tour announcement makes sense. I just don't see any reason to be pessimistic at all, but it would be real disappointing to restart the tour without an album. The guys have to realize the end is not as far as the start and they need to release more often.

Seems like we are all spitballing about everything here and all sources are sketchy. All signs seem to point to an album soon and thinking promo tour in the fall instead of a regular tour based on a more traditional release, but who knows. Seems like they would vacation now after the album is done and then start the marketing ramp up in August for a 40th anniversary release. A quick leg this fall seems unlikely at this point but perhaps an album and tour announcement makes sense. I just don't see any reason to be pessimistic at all, but it would be real disappointing to restart the tour without an album. The guys have to realize the end is not as far as the start and they need to release more often.

I totally agree! One thing I wished, and don't get me wrong, I know u2 owes me nothing at all, but I see so many bands out there who are so open with their fan base! I wish u2 would atleast give us updates rather then very vague comments and the odd 6 second clip once in a blue moon! It is hard because we are kept in the dark. And I wished they would stop getting cold feet and stop tinkering with songs and just release quick albums. But again if they don't release anything anymore I would still be ok with it as they have given us so much! Just want to know what the hell is going on with them lol

I totally agree! One thing I wished, and don't get me wrong, I know u2 owes me nothing at all, but I see so many bands out there who are so open with their fan base! I wish u2 would atleast give us updates rather then very vague comments and the odd 6 second clip once in a blue moon! It is hard because we are kept in the dark. And I wished they would stop getting cold feet and stop tinkering with songs and just release quick albums. But again if they don't release anything anymore I would still be ok with it as they have given us so much! Just want to know what the hell is going on with them lol

Exactly, why always be so cryptic and mysterious. Just give us clips as things are progressing and if some work never sees the light of day or ends up in a different shape so be it. We don't need deadlines either, just more clear instead of black boxes.

This is a band that released a lead single for free during one of the biggest marketing events in the world, then debuted the single live on the debut episode of the first Tonight Show back in New York City in like 60 years, declaring how nice it was to be back... only to be go away for 6 months and reappear as spam.

All bets are off, nobody knows shit.

This is what we know:
-they're working on an album that they'd like to call Songs of Experience.
-they're playing DreamForce in October.
-Bono likes pies

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom