Songs of Experience Episode VII: The Dreamforce Awakens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bono is ok

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Come on now. As headache posted, can we please worry about the victims? No way Bono was standing in that crowd. I'd be more worried about the extended U2 family: fans and any member of staff / crew / security. But before all, human beings with families and friends, just like all those hurt or killed last night... What a fucked up world.

Come on now. As headache posted, can we please worry about the victims? No way Bono was standing in that crowd. I'd be more worried about the extended U2 family: fans and any member of staff / crew / security. But before all, human beings with families and friends, just like all those hurt or killed last night... What a fucked up world.

"Is Bono okay?" is a little running joke, I believe from like 2006 in New York when the whole Cory Lidle thing happened. At least, I believe I was told so. I wasn't a poster here at the time.

So, I think that's just a poorly timed joke.

"Is Bono okay?" is a little running joke, I believe from like 2006 in New York when the whole Cory Lidle thing happened. At least, I believe I was told so. I wasn't a poster here at the time.

I recall it was even older than that. I think somebody traced it right back to 2001? There's some discussion, but no definitive answer, here: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...erjuice-vs-is-bono-ok-214663.html#post7588670

I did also find this thread from 2003, which is now hilarious for the serious title: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/is-bono-ok-73569.html

Thanks for the explanation.

1. Some terrorist incident occurs
2. U2 happens to be near the location as usual
3. Cringe while scrolling past the comments about U2 being ok while neglecting to mention anyone else involved
4. Cringe while scrolling past the comments admonishing previous poster
5. Discussion of 'is bono ok'
6. Repeat until SoE is released in 20xx

1. Some terrorist incident occurs
2. U2 happens to be near the location as usual
3. Cringe while scrolling past the comments about U2 being ok while neglecting to mention anyone else involved
4. Cringe while scrolling past the comments admonishing previous poster
5. Discussion of 'is bono ok'
6. Repeat until SoE is released in 20xx

It's sad really that terrorist attacks occur in this day and age where we are all aware of how much damages these attacks can do.

If they restart the tour without an album, then I think we won't get an album at all. Once the tour starts I can't see them having the time or inclination to finish it.

What he said. The fact they were recording on the road yet we haven't heard a scrap of new music is sort of worrying, but it could actually be a good thing. They've probably already been through the "okay the album's ready! oh shit, wait, we need to change half of it" stage and, bar a few last minute tweaks like the last record, it's finished. Crazy as it is, they might have actually finished a record in time with a tour looming! :wink:

It's bad enough that they heap pressure on themselves, starting and restarting, bringing in new producers, trying to reinvent themselves while simultaneously going after a super accessible hit single because the gaps between the last four albums, caused by this very method of working, means each one is now a "COMEBACK"!

This time though, rather than just writing, recording and watching an album naturally take shape as usual, they've already painted themselves into a bit of a corner as they've gone in knowing what the record is almost certainly going to be called and the overall theme, so god knows what that's done to them on top of everything else haha

I recall it was even older than that. I think somebody traced it right back to 2001? There's some discussion, but no definitive answer, here: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...erjuice-vs-is-bono-ok-214663.html#post7588670

I did also find this thread from 2003, which is now hilarious for the serious title: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/is-bono-ok-73569.html

Yeah I think the "Is Bono OK" thing predates the Cory Lidle plane crash, but that incident was I believe the most famous example of it where the poster was not intentionally making a joke.

Didn't know Interference used to contain bunch of internet humors/off-beat random jokes.

I obviously like Interference a lot, which is why I've been a member here for a period not terribly far from 50% of my life. But our inside joke culture is strong and often a bit obnoxious. See: the utter flood of Leo jokes everywhere you turned a couple of years ago.

I hope Leo is OK.

Who am I kidding its not like his dad would have brought him to the South of France to celebrate Bastille Day, he's fine.

By fine I mean fatherless, shoeless and starving in Chile

I went to this site wondering if this would be posted yet.

And it was.

My faith in Interference has been restored.

It really shouldn't have taken so long.

And the Leo jokes aren't even close to the same.

Actually, the whole "Is Bono Ok" post was actually relevant this time because from all accounts, it appears that the band is in Nice, and if I understand correctly, they have no hesitation to hang out with the locals there. I don't know this for sure, but that's always the impression I got.

So while, yes the whole incident is much bigger than a bunch of us jerks wondering about the safety of our favorite band, I don't think it's inappropriate to ask considering their location. Now if we all knew they were in LA and asked this as a joke, yes that would be inappropriate.

Actually, the whole "Is Bono Ok" post was actually relevant this time because from all accounts, it appears that the band is in Nice, and if I understand correctly, they have no hesitation to hang out with the locals there. I don't know this for sure, but that's always the impression I got.

So while, yes the whole incident is much bigger than a bunch of us jerks wondering about the safety of our favorite band, I don't think it's inappropriate to ask considering their location. Now if we all knew they were in LA and asked this as a joke, yes that would be inappropriate.

That's exactly what made it perfect. Maybe a bit too soon, but perfect nonetheless.

So if the band are all in France together does that signify that the album could be finished?

I obviously like Interference a lot, which is why I've been a member here for a period not terribly far from 50% of my life. But our inside joke culture is strong and often a bit obnoxious. See: the utter flood of Leo jokes everywhere you turned a couple of years ago.

I'll take Leo jokes over people in this subforum still thinking it's funny to say "maybe, we'll see", "punk rock from Venus", "Edge is on fire", and "confirmed rumor" in Every. Single. Thread.

I hope Leo is OK.

Who am I kidding its not like his dad would have brought him to the South of France to celebrate Bastille Day, he's fine.

By fine I mean fatherless, shoeless and starving in Chile

:love:

That's exactly what made it perfect. Maybe a bit too soon, but perfect nonetheless.

It was perfect indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom