Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the football video for stuck in a moment sucked, but i didn't expect them to have an actor recreating michael hutchence's wank-off/suicide.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I look forward to the video of Landlady, with Ali going around collecting past due rent from tenants and evicting deadbeats.

Does anyone like the LoH remix?

I sure do, it’s my second favorite after the St Peter String/BBC versions, with the album mix last. The “free yourself” part is easily one of my favorite post-2000 U2 moments, and I love how this remix is built around that! In any case I can’t wait to see how they play the song on tour.

James

Last edited:
The album version of LoH is better and the strings version or even better. But this Beck remix is definitely an interesting perspective on the song, reinforcing to me the belief that U2 should work and team with Beck or other people with his ability instead of Epworth or the One Republic frontman.

Looks like I kind of had this right...they just waited for second leg of the tour to follow suit with my predictions!!

only thing I can guess is they will release summer of love or red flag day to coincide with the tour. Otherwise i am baffled a band is this capable of writing really solid tunes and no clue about singles. Said it way too many times but it started with Gone and then Kite never being released...criminal!!

Had the wrong leg of the tour...but at least they got it right!!

Bono is certainly a bit removed from reality...

"Quincy also said that U2 will never make a good album again because there was too much pressure. “Yes, and Paul McCartney couldn’t play bass. We’re all having these meltdowns, apparently. Most people accept that the album we’ve just made, Songs of Experience, is right up there with our best work. It certainly had the best reviews.

:shifty:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/songs-of-experience/u2

Interview Source: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ting-and-bonos-neardeath-experience-2223nwhpt

Ironically, I actually think SOE is one of their best albums. But I don't know what reviews Bono was reading, unless it was just Rolling Stone.

Ironically, I actually think SOE is one of their best albums. But I don't know what reviews Bono was reading, unless it was just Rolling Stone.

Actually most reviews were quite positive from my recollection as well

Actually most reviews were quite positive from my recollection as well

Same. It wasn’t “best work” level but a lot of reviews said it was a return to form. This excludes the negative reviews that honestly read like negative reviews of U2 as a band. The ones that actually engaged with the album seems to be more positive vs. the ones that had an axe to grind with the band (don’t get me wrong, there were a good number of those).

I don’t think they’ll have another critically acclaimed album because U2 as a concept can be so polarizing.

I think you're remembering what you want to remember, because that simply is false.

nah..I'm just choosing to discount reviews from the likes of AV Club who chose their food critic to write an album review. To be fair I also need to discount Rolling Stone as we can always expect 4 or 5 stars.

A. Seems more like an Onion article than a RS article

2. The author, who should know music if he writes for RS should be fired for saying:

Souris Calle opens with a voicemail ode from Bono, who speaks over a rumbling rock groove:
Instead of pointing out that its An Cat Dubh playing in the background.

Thirdly:This cat message will provide a nice B side to the Hedgehog poem should Bono decide to release a single as a solo artist.

Back
Top Bottom