Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They just love to highlight "Refujesus"

It’s a word in that context that one thinks is either horrible or something somewhat clever.

Most here hate it and I bet a lot outside of here hate it but I wouldn’t surprise me if many think it’s clever.

The song as a whole is...well....underwhelming(not a shit show but nothing to write home about)

I can easily see the band play all sorts of random songs during this tour......during the "e-stage" segment, when you'll see some old rarity played once and then never again.

I've just gone back and read everyone's pessimistic speculation about how many "rarities" we're really going to get. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the article did say "rarities that the band is excited to be playing live for the first time."

LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME??!!

But I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

“Here’s a lesser-known track from one of our best-known albums, we haven’t played it in 25 years. This is Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around the World.”

(band aborts after 30 seconds)

“Well, the title does say ‘tryin’! Let’s try something else. This is Stuck In A Moment.”

(Larry gets up from drum kit and walks backstage)

“This is me and Edge doing an acoustic version of Stuck In A Moment.”

(Adam shrugs, puts bass on its stand and opens a can of pamplemouse La Croix)

I can easily see the band play all sorts of random songs during this tour......during the "e-stage" segment, when you'll see some old rarity played once and then never again.

It was too bad the e stage became safe on the European leg of i+e. In North America, they eventually fell into a pattern but for a while it felt like literally anything could show up. If they keep that element of randomness, that should be exciting.

Yeah by the time they got halfway through Europe, the e stage set became Elevation / Sweetest Thing, and Desire/Angel of Harlem. Meanwhile, songs like Zoo Station, Magnificent, Two Hearts, Volcano, California, Crystal Ballroom, Lucifer's Hands, WLCTT, All I want is you, Party Girl, and hell, even NEW YEARS DAY barely got any plays on the e-stage (or in general). I'll be honest, before the tour I thought for sure Volcano and California were guaranteed to have a nightly spot in the setlist, and not be discarded to the throwaway e-stage segment, but have a full on stage/video production to go with them.

I'll be honest, before the tour I thought for sure Volcano and California were guaranteed to have a nightly spot in the setlist, and not be discarded to the throwaway e-stage segment, but have a full on stage/video production to go with them.

I think we all thought that. Those songs made a lot more sense for a "U2 concert" than Iris or even Invisible, but it goes to show how song selection is going to depend on what kind of conceptual concert they are going for.

I think we all thought that. Those songs made a lot more sense for a "U2 concert" than Iris or even Invisible, but it goes to show how song selection is going to depend on what kind of conceptual concert they are going for.

That would be a big NO.

Both of those songs were integral to the concept. California should have been played more, but it was definitely a rotator.

That would be a big NO.

Both of those songs were integral to the concept. California should have been played more, but it was definitely a rotator.

I'd be surprised if anyone expected Iris to get played every night while California only showed up 3 times. It ended up that way because Iris was a better fit with the show theme. "First visit to California" is much lower on the autobiographical totem pole than "death of mother."

Last edited:
I'll bet he could, if he wanted to.
images

Back
Top Bottom