Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whose Gonna Ride is being rehearsed and that's a rarity, so there's that.

I would live to hear that live.

We wanted to play some songs we haven't played in a little while...

This is In A Little While.

:applaud:

I don't even have the option of buying late-in-the-game, expensive tickets. I'll be in Europe for all of May and will miss all the western U.S. shows.

And unlike previous tours, I'm going to be a little surprised if they come back to the U.S. for another leg in 2019, since they were here in 2017.

Blurb in Rolling Stone about the tour mentions longer sets and rarities.

Also, something about "augmented reality," but who the fuck cares when we have longer shows and rarities on the table.

Don't they say this every tour? Longer sets would be great.

AR may be a tie-in app and then everyone uses their phones for one song or something. Interesting idea, I know Meerkat didn't work out (listened to a cool interview with the founder - he realized it wouldn't work by the end of 2015 and pivoted) but I like the tech integration.

They should play songs from No Line.
I should stop now. :reject:
but anyways, this news is exciting!!!

They should play...."Magneeeesium!"

magnesium_supplements-e1481579874401.jpg

Why do I get the sense the "longer sets and rarities" will be this tour's "pairs of shows"?

Yep.

Whose Gonna Ride is being rehearsed and that's a rarity, so there's that.

I would live to hear that live.

And the band probably do think it's the first time they've played it too.

Can't wait for Bono to announce that Edge is about to sing the live debuts of Numb and Van Diemen's Land.

Now in all fairness to the band, off the top of my head, they actually have been really good to Chicago since the Elevation tour playing rarities for us. Hell we got Electric Co, Gloria, Volcano, California, Lucifer’s Hands, Crystal Ballroom, All I want is you all in 2015 alone. 360 we got Your Blue Room, Out of Control, Stay, One Tree Hill. Vertigo tour- Fast Cars, The First Time, Discotheque, Whos gonna ride your wild horses, Gloria. I know I’m missing some more but point being they can go to that place when they want to. I have a little more faith they’ll commit this time around for more than just the first few weeks of the tour...I think :crack:

Last edited:
Now in all fairness to the band, off the top of my head, they actually have been really good to Chicago since the Elevation tour playing rarities for us. Hell we got Electric Co, Gloria, Volcano, California, Lucifer’s Hands, Crystal Ballroom, , , , :

I happened to be in Chicago during the SOI tour for the night they broke out Crystal Ballroom and it was great.

"So last year we toured the Joshua Tree-" *feigned modesty as the crowd cheers* "-and we rediscovered so many great songs. Here's a special one that we wanted to keep playing. I don't think we've done it much before, but you might know it. Shall we give it a go, Edge?"

*opening bars of With or Without You*

"Here's a song that means a lot to this band. So sing it with us. Sing it for us. Seriously, sing it for us. It's the only way we're going to do a longer set. So sing. Sing the language of love. Give us a language lesson.

UNO DOS TRES CATORCE"

"We'd like to welcome our good friend Brandon Flowers to the stage. He's got soul, but he's not a soldier. He's got AMERICAN SOUL!"

This better not be BS.

Don't think it is and here's why:

U2 knows that the fans buying the tickets now are the hard core fans. Their 3rd tour in 4 years and an album that isn't a mega hit pretty much guarantees that.

They know it's time to reward those fans who have wanted the rare cuts and here's the chance.

Another way to put it: They have to play the mega hits every tour to appease the casual fans who shell out money to come out to see them because they know that it is expected -- but this tour they don't have to worry about that.

Time for us all to rework those prediction set lists.

Formula to longer setlist:

1. American Soul
2. The Best thing
3. Vertigo
19. American Soul(dier) x2 feat. Brandon Flowers
20. TBT Kygo mix
21. One kygo karaoke mix
encore break
22. Vertigo DJ Khaled mix (extended Air HOORRRRRNNNN remix)
23. One x2 feat. Chris Martin

Last edited:
You forget "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)" with Bono locked inside the screen

"There's been a lot of talk about this next song. Maybe, maybe too much talk. This song is not a rebel song. This song is just a song about ping pong"

Back
Top Bottom