Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not too sure that's "his" hair anymore and while I usually prefer the longer hair Bono, at this point in his career, I think the short hair from NLOTH would compliment his aging look(there are some pics where he looks closer to 75 than 55).
Well yeah the jury is out to wether it's really his hair or not. Not as bad as elton's "hair"though.

I don't find American Soul to be the shit show many here claim it to be but there is nothing about that song that is going to bring in a mass audience. The bass, the guitar, the drums, the lyrics....they are all okay but nothing special or catchy. Summary of Love, love is Bigger, little Things, Blackout....all have aspects about them that could draw people in but I guess those songs might come later.

Well yeah the jury is out to wether it's really his hair or not. Not as bad as elton's "hair"though.

I just saw the clip and I'll say his hair looks better in that clip vs the general promo period for SOE. It's odd because that was filmed the same night as GOOYOW but he looks different (dare I say better!)

Just watched the 30 second clip on Facebook and to my surprise it sounded good, was mixed in well with the clips and Bono looked cooler than most recent promo appearances (low bar but still...I was encouraged).

My favourite SOE song is definitely Summary of Love.

It’s the remix version on the Summer of Love Norwegian single.

Its only about 10 seconds long and has different lyrics too:

I’ve been thinking bout the West coooooast of Syria, and flowers grow where a bomb went off”.

It’s a very direct version of the song.

Anyone have a direct link? Not sure where this is.

I saw it on the March Madness Facebook page (U2 was mentioned, so it showed up in my feed).

However, if you go to YouTube, it is there(I ran into it last night). Just search U2/March madness

U2 is playing at the final 4 in SAN Antonio? Hotel booked, plane tickets purchased, nutsack is tattooed.

U2 is playing at the final 4 in SAN Antonio? Hotel booked, plane tickets purchased, nutsack is tattooed.

Wait, they are kicking off the 30 year anniversary of Rattle and Hum your in San Antonio? Is this going to delay the ei tour?

I can already hear the walk-in ramble...
"San Antonio, pray for us. I'm lost. I'm lost. Pray for us. Oh. San Antonio. Oh. San Antonio-fo. Oh-fo.
MO-FO.
MO-FO."

March Madness. So much Madness in the world. But this madness isn't really mad. It's joyful. What we got is defiant joy. Defiant joy, right The Edge? We have to reach higher. Higher. Higher. Elevate this place. Elevate my soul.
OOOHHWOOO...

Wait, they are kicking off the 30 year anniversary of Rattle and Hum your in San Antonio? Is this going to delay the ei tour?

It's true! But they're still not gonna play Heartland or God Part 2. Only Desire, AIWIY, and AOH (complete with an audience member strumming the wrong chords). Oddly enough, "Freedom for my people" will be played... but as an intro to American Soul, not Silver and Gold.

They should perform on the Zoo Eagle and not perform any Achtung or Zooropa songs.

I will say American Soul isn't half bad when it's smashed into a 30 second commercial as a montage song, rather than the droning on for 4+ minutes.

I don't dislike American Soul as much as most. I actually like the verses pretty well. "It's not a plaaaace..." those parts get stuck in my head more than any other part of this album. The reusing of "Volcano/Glastonbury" in the chorus is where it loses me. "You and I are rock'n'rolll... I came here looking for American Soul." WTF does that even mean?

RefuJesus... that's pretty bad. Repeating the chorus a 2nd time at end is even worse.

American Soul is... is just not that good.... in fact it makes the refu-baby-Jesus cry...

I don't know what it is about it exactly, but American Soul is such a chore to listen to.

agreed. they just aren't good at these kind of bluesy swagger songs.

give me the magic of the closing minute of "Landlady" any day over this stuff (and give me another minute of that magic while you're at it).

agreed. they just aren't good at these kind of bluesy swagger songs.

give me the magic of the closing minute of "Landlady" any day over this stuff (and give me another minute of that magic while you're at it).

I would say the sublime first 3 minutes of Landlady along with the magic last minute of Landlady. :D

Back
Top Bottom