Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
3 things

1- Awesome
2- how often does an artist who is not nominated for any Grammys actual perform? Honest question, as I don't follow that closely
3- What song will they perform? Big money on Get Out of Your Own Way as it's on Triple A radio now and is being pushed to Alternative on 1/9/18
How about they take a cue from the overwhelmingly positive reaction to Abbey Road show and play Lights of home or Love is bigger... with a choir/orchestra ?

U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:07 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
You’re really upset about this, aren’t you?

No. He just hates Bono so much that this gave him the opportunity to jump down his throat.

mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
I'd venture All Because of You as an earlier example of 'people must know we ROCK!' leading to terrible singles choices.

Yeah that was definitely the start
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:28 AM   #94
The Fly

Local Time: 10:57 PM
No doubt they’ll play GOOYOW at the Grammys.

They should play Lights of Home (String version with orchestra) and Little Things
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:34 AM   #95
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
No doubt they’ll play GOOYOW at the Grammys.

They should play Lights of Home (String version with orchestra) and Little Things
And?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Yeah I’m about 99% sure this will tie in with Kendrick, which is ok because I like the songs he’s tied into on the album. I can get the dislike for American Soul but the slamming of GOOYOW is one of the more odd opinions I’ve seen in a while. It’s a great song and even better choice of a single.
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:38 AM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yeah I’m about 99% sure this will tie in with Kendrick, which is ok because I like the songs he’s tied into on the album. I can get the dislike for American Soul but the slamming of GOOYOW is one of the more odd opinions I’ve seen in a while. It’s a great song and even better choice of a single.

GOOYOW is a good song, I like it lot. The live performances are getting better and better with the BBC version being very good.

It goes without saying that the megaphone is NOT part of my assessment of the live versions as that is as baffling as his purple glasses.
CosmoKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:38 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Let’s just address the elephant in the room.......

There is a 2.75% chance that they play Ordinary Love.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:49 AM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

There's a zero percent chance they play Ordinary Love
Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Yea I don't get it.

I think part of it is the grass is always greener syndrome that strikes this place often.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #101
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:57 AM
Yeah I don't get some of the rabid hatred for GOOYOW, and I'm one of those people who thinks it's a pretty unremarkable tune. Like, it's so bland that I can't imagine it provoking any strong feeling whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I can also see Bono saying "Kendrick Lamar in the house" at some point, because he's an awkward soul stuck in the early 90s.
Oh god, probably not wrong.

Quote:
No. He just hates Bono so much that this gave him the opportunity to jump down his throat.
Mate, Larry is the one I usually accuse of being dead weight in this band. Get your stereotype right!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #102
The Fly

Local Time: 10:57 PM
I don’t think it’s a hatred for GOOYOW.

From my perspective, apart from the BBC show, all their live performances of new songs (apart from Little Things on the JT tour) have been TBT, GOOYOW or AS. I think the genreral consensus is they are the 3 weakest songs on the album. I don’t think GOOYOW is a bad song by any means, just that SOE has so many really good songs I wish they’d promote the other songs more.

The BBC special was a great start, and it shows. Lights of Home and Love is Bigger were amazing performances and much better than GOOYOW or TBT with the orchestra.

They need to carry on with that and keep playing those other songs.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #103
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
I don’t think it’s a hatred for GOOYOW.
I was referring to the people like Cobbler who are calling it possibly U2's worst song ever.

First, what? Second, no. Third, worse than Stand Up Comedy or Boots or American Soul, really now? Fourth, what?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I was referring to the people like Cobbler who are calling it possibly U2's worst song ever.

First, what? Second, no. Third, worse than Stand Up Comedy or Boots or American Soul, really now? Fourth, what?

So I am in the camp of liking the song but being a reasonable person, I can understand one thinking it's.....bland. I can't for the life of me understand someone thinking it's "the worst" or even bottom 10 of just the millennium.

Are songs like "Miami" or "Daddy's going to pay" more interesting/different than GOOYOW, sure they are but if I'm driving on the highway and see a hawk eating the ass out of a dead raccoon on the side of the road I would also classify that as "investing/different" but that's doesn't make it good.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #105
The Male

Local Time: 02:57 PM
Lmao there's hardly anything on SOE that's as thrilling, engaging and memorable as the sonic hellscape that is DGPFYCC, let alone that limp noodle of a Beautiful Day cover that they passed off as single material.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bongs of experience, soe, songs of experience