Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nah..I'm just choosing to discount reviews from the likes of AV Club who chose their food critic to write an album review. To be fair I also need to discount Rolling Stone as we can always expect 4 or 5 stars.

I remember that, the food critic reviewed U2s album....LOL

If I remember correctly, he gave it its lowest review score.

I remember that, the food critic reviewed U2s album....LOL

If I remember correctly, he gave it its lowest review score.

Not just their food critic - their fast food critic. Do yourself a favor and read his excitement for fast food, then juxtapose that with his "take" on modern music.

Not just their food critic - their fast food critic. Do yourself a favor and read his excitement for fast food, then juxtapose that with his "take" on modern music.

I think this would be a great McPhisto moment:

Even the fast food critic from AV Club slagged our last album off...off with the horns and on with the Big Mac...special sauce let us cheese.

The guy had written about U2 before, most notably during an Achtung Baby retrospective in which he called it their defining achievement. He's basically the website's resident expert on U2, even though he's a food critic.

https://music.avclub.com/on-its-25th-anniversary-achtung-baby-remains-u2-s-defi-1798254741

He's a big 90s U2 fan apparently, and missed that irony element I think. I get everyone has their favorite eras, I love 90s U2 as well. But that was then, this is now.

That's not to say U2 could be more adventurous with their music and go in some new, exciting directions (which undoubtedly has been lacking in the last 18 years, though I've enjoyed most of the music).

Back
Top Bottom