Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well ya never know. regardless it is very cool to be at opening night, just to see how they change it up from I+E. Until then all we can do is speculate...

I loved being at the opener for I+E in Vancouver, it was unlike any other show experience...

Always wanted to do opening night just for that surprise value. Soon as the gigs happen I'm on the net watching videos ,checking set lists, reading reviews and following these forums.

Suppose it does spoil the live gig experience a tad but following the tours is what being a u2 fan is all about. It's part of the fun so I wouldn't stop following them just to make my night better

Yeh, no way am I gonna be able to wait until November (Dublin) without seeing what the show’s about. I’d love to be at opening night but I guess going to closing one is just as great.

Opening night they may play it safe, it's show #2 where I would bet they get more adventurous...

I hope so, since I am passing up the opener in Tulsa this time and going to show 2 in St. Louis. :wink:

Since my first show will be show 2 I am going to try to stay in the dark as well, I mean it will be only two days...

Blurb in Rolling Stone about the tour mentions longer sets and rarities.

Also, something about "augmented reality," but who the fuck cares when we have longer shows and rarities on the table.

Blurb in Rolling Stone about the tour mentions longer sets and rarities.

Also, something about "augmented reality," but who the fuck cares when we have longer shows and rarities on the table.

Longer sets and rarities. I probably won’t last until the Newark NJ show trying to avoid seeing set lists and videos.

I'm giving the old "not look at setlists" thing a shot - I think it'll last about a day.

Probably less than a day.

Chicago is only 3 weeks after the opening night. I think I can make it that long. The idea of having no idea what to expect when I go is quite appealing. However, I also like the whole process of following along with rehearsals and reading the setlist reports after each show. But it's only 3 weeks... I'm gonna try my hardest to avoid any spoilers, just to see what that's like!

Opening night: "Ehm, so we're gonna try something we haven't played here before..."

ELEVATION RIFF

I’m hoping for October and War on this tour if they are really going to do some rarities. Rejoice, With A Shout, Is That All?, Like A Song, Surrender, Drowning Man. So many forgotten gems that would kill live full band if they executed right.

I’m hoping for October and War on this tour if they are really going to do some rarities. Rejoice, Is That All?, Like A Song, Surrender, Drowning Man. So many forgotten gems that would kill live.
Throw in Acrobat and I (unlike Larry) am fully on board.

Yet we'll get Grace, Peace on Earth, Wild Honey, Yahweh and Stand Up Comedy instead.

I hate when these "pre-tour tidbits" come out. Now I'm on Ticketmaster...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom