Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks. So this thing can’t be an hint of this album being the last one(stop singing, the return to innocence etc)?

I’m not even sure what you’re talking about? You said back cover, so I was thinking there was some hidden message, but are you talking about the liner notes? The ones I’ve read are correct.

I’m not even sure what you’re talking about? You said back cover, so I was thinking there was some hidden message, but are you talking about the liner notes? The ones I’ve read are correct.

I’m talking about the back cover, at the end of it there’s a message, taken from Love is bigger, but instead of “start singing and stop talking”, it says “stop singing and start talking”. I was asking if this could mean soe is their last album (maybe we could read “stop singing” as a return to innocence )

I’m talking about the back cover, at the end of it there’s a message, taken from Love is bigger, but instead of “start singing and stop talking”, it says “stop singing and start talking”. I was asking if this could mean soe is their last album (maybe we could read “stop singing” as a return to innocence )

I don’t have a hard copy, so I haven’t seen the back cover. So I can’t really say :shrug:

If anyone likes rocking U2 wallpapers on their devices, here you go. It’s made for iPhone X but should look good on other phones too.

IMG_0360.JPG

I hate your politics, but I agree with much of this post.

Especially the awful ratings, both songs.

Disclaimer: I don’t really know anything of your politics lol

LOL...I don't think I've ever talked about my personal politics here! If it helps I think Canadians are among the most sensible people on Earth (you did produce the great RUSH after all!) :)

Wait a minute- Lyrics mysteriously switched on back of album cover? Nick and gvox interacting pleasantly with each other? This is truly end of days stuff.

441k albums sold . Source Mediatraffic.

Seems like a pretty good first week haul in this awful climate, all things considered. But I would guess this album is really going to need a single to take off soon to hang around on the charts for long, given that there hasn’t been an overwhelming consensus from critics to create buzz (while of course there have been a lot of positive reviews)... SOE looks to be dropping fast in the UK and last time I checked was down to about #8 or 10 on Amazon and iTunes in the US. I do think the bundle with concert tickets will help in the long run but at the end of the day you gotta have a recognizable song or some kind of great buzz/word of mouth to keep the sales going strong.

I read somewhere in the Billboard coverage that the album has been streamed 6.5 million times in the US in its first week. So while traditional album sales are interesting to follow and you want U2 to do well, it’s also amazing to think how transformed the environment is for accessing music these days.

Does your album have a different tracks 3-5, and end at Love Is Bigger?
Oh man, you don't like 13? To each his own, of course, but 13 to me is one of the best things this millenium. That second verse is killer.

Back
Top Bottom