Songs of Experience - 1 Year Later - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
okay now i'm 100% convinced this has to be an alter.
Yeah, this is one giant troll.

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
okay now i'm 100% convinced this has to be an alter.
No question.

Claims to be from London, but local time is Central time zone. London, Illinois by way of Atlanta, Germany perhaps?

Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

i have a strong feeling of who it is but i don't want to say because i don't really have any solid evidence.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:09 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:22 AM
If it’s Redhill, that would be grand bitchin!
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #110
Refugee

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Remember after SOI when Bono was hyping SOE to come, he talked about a new format-changer technology they were working on (hinted that it was along with Apple) for SOE that would change how albums are experienced and tracked (at the time, it sounded to me like viewable artwork along with the audio, and/or something about each listen being tracked (aka streaming) for smaller bands to use to figure out their demographic etc).

marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #111
Refugee

Local Time: 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
Remember after SOI when Bono was hyping SOE to come, he talked about a new format-changer technology they were working on (hinted that it was along with Apple) for SOE that would change how albums are experienced and tracked (at the time, it sounded to me like viewable artwork along with the audio, and/or something about each listen being tracked (aka streaming) for smaller bands to use to figure out their demographic etc).

They must have hidden that with the HBO documentary they announced alongside I+E Live in Paris
superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:50 AM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier

Speaking of I+E live in Paris, whatever happened to E+I live in Berlin?

I can understand why the home video release of JT30 was delayed (you don't want to give Oceania and Asia a reason to skip seeing the show in person), but surely the window on SOE interest isn't staying open indefinitely.

It makes no sense to me why E+I didn't come out earlier this year. They were doing nothing for 6 months in 2019 before this tour extension/reboot/desperation jukebox was announced.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:36 AM   #113
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

I can understand why the home video release of JT30 was delayed (you don't want to give Oceania and Asia a reason to skip seeing the show in person), but surely the window on SOE interest isn't staying open indefinitely.

It makes no sense to me why E+I didn't come out earlier this year. They were doing nothing for 6 months in 2019 before this tour extension/reboot/desperation jukebox was announced.
Because they don't want to release it prior to the announcement of next year's e+I+a tour
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #114
Blue Crack Supplier

SOA winds up getting delayed 3 years after Trump's re-election so the band can make sure the material is POLITICALLY RELEVANT.

Muldfield
Old 08-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #115
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 08-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #116
War Child

Quote:

recall that the 360 Rose Bowl video was delayed significantly because of editing issues, or something like that. and instead of ultimately getting a great video that benefitted from the extra production time, instead we got a shit, lame DVD that cut the opening song of the show. A disgrace.

these guys can't stop twittling with anything. in the search for perfection they suck the life out of their albums, too many of their live shows and as of late their video releases as well.

meanwhile, other bands are out there releasing huge amounts of their live catalogues - warts and all - because that's part of the live experience... and U2 do the opposite.... it's depressing...

ok, rant over.
Iggy Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #117
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post

Yup, still waiting for whatever that was/is, Bono never exaggerates now does he.
zoocarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #118
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
recall that the 360 Rose Bowl video was delayed significantly because of editing issues, or something like that. and instead of ultimately getting a great video that benefitted from the extra production time, instead we got a shit, lame DVD that cut the opening song of the show. A disgrace.

these guys can't stop twittling with anything. in the search for perfection they suck the life out of their albums, too many of their live shows and as of late their video releases as well.

meanwhile, other bands are out there releasing huge amounts of their live catalogues - warts and all - because that's part of the live experience... and U2 do the opposite.... it's depressing...

ok, rant over.
I think you often go overboard with your criticisms, but you're right on the money here. I never thought Breathe was a good opener, but you'd think they'd have the courage of their convictions and not drop it from the official release. What idiocy.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #119
War Child

I have been accused of worse...

what got me thinking more about the frustrating U2 approach to everything (over-production, copy/paste live shows, holding back old live recordings) was this article on Neil Young.... a fascinating read.... I love his philosophy on music and you can almost hear his disdain for much of the modern music industry (incuding U2, but not specifically called out) flow through the article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/m...sultPosition=1
Iggy Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #120
Refugee

Local Time: 12:22 AM
Quote:
I think you often go overboard with your criticisms, but you're right on the money here. I never thought Breathe was a good opener, but you'd think they'd have the courage of their convictions and not drop it from the official release. What idiocy.
I was thinking, which (if any) of their live concert releases are not unaltered or copy and pasted in some way. Only one I can think of is Mexico PopMart.

It is just their way and it’s not going to change.

AndrewCowley is offline   Reply With Quote