Song For Someone - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still iffy on this one. It's a little too radio/Christian rock for my tastes. On the other hand, it definitely puts Coldplay in their place. U2 is better at pretending to be U2 than Coldplay is :p

I'm listening to the Dave Fanning exclusive on RTE 2fm podcast and he played "Song for Someone" first. I appreciate it more and more the more often I hear it. Pure beauty. But is that a Crazy-Tonight guitar part towards the end? Sure sounds like it.

I was moved by this more than any other track. Trying to belt out the light lines :)

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

Love this track!

One of the standouts for me. U2 does melodic and "pretty" better than anyone.

Sounds familiar because...Melody of chorus is from Babyface...your lookin fine ..so fine... ;) Great Song Love the lyrics....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using U2 Interference mobile app

Very good song. I like the "spoiled by beauty" line. And that line is not new; it was also in Falling At Your Feet.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But is that a Crazy-Tonight guitar part towards the end? Sure sounds like it.

Surprised we're the only ones who seem to have noticed this. It's like Edge cut and pasted his solo from that song into this one.

And it's not exactly an impressive one worth repeating, he probably thought it sounded like a stallion galloping but to me is more like a drunk unicorn farting rainbows. Cheesy as fuck.

The fact hat people aren't loving this one yet on the while is the biggest indication if the consistency if this album to me. I can see this being the third single and actually being well liked. Catchy chorus.

It's like Edge cut and pasted his solo from that song into this one.

I noticed it. I also noticed they heavily borrowed from "Slug" on "This is Where You Can Reach Me" and other parts that sound familiar but I haven't nailed down yet (I've heard some hints of WOWY and COBL).

I am beginning to think this is by design. Perhaps an homage to past work?

The fact hat people aren't loving this one yet on the while is the biggest indication if the consistency if this album to me. I can see this being the third single and actually being well liked. Catchy chorus.

Listening to this one as I type.....the chorus is really great. It starts off slow, almost too slow but it builds and maintains at a good pace. I like it but can't say I love it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

My inner sappy sucker is pulling me in on this song.

Back
Top Bottom