Song for Someone added to Kroq playlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
Kroq just posted that Song for Someone has been added to their playlist. Interesting considering that Every Breaking Wave has been mentioned as the next "single".

Sent from my VS985 4G using U2 Interference mobile app

Hmmmm.... our local alternative station regularly plays This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now. This is why I'm wondering what is really happening w/ the singles for this album. All songs were released at once, so what makes any of them a single? U2's saying so?

Where the hell do you people live??

I keep hearing about these songs getting some traction on the radio.

I check Boston's classic and alternative rock stations daily for playlist history and all I see is "still haven't found that mysterious beautiful day." Oh, and the occasional SBS, Pride or Bad.

I am in a huge U2 town and I've heard the Miracle once on some independent station that barely comes in right downtown, Cedarwood Rd 3 times on classic rock and EBW on a Providence adult contemporary light rock station. That's 5 times total for this album and my check of the playlists shows that I was probably listening all 5 times!

So people in other cities are hearing these songs with regularity??

Well, EBW was announced by some Italian affiliate as the next single but need I remind everyone that while Walk On was released as a single in Europe, stuck in a Moment was released state side(at least that's how I remember it).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Same thing I am in boston and I hear nothing from SOI. Shame really, I think every breaking wave is an instant classic.

Unfortunatley no songs from SOI will be a hit.

The reason being 500million people have these songs already, so any singles are wont chart very high because of this. No one is going to buy something they already have.

General rule is what songs gets high chart success also get alot of radio airplay.

U2 kind of denied them self of this by having released for free.

Its a shame as if the album wasnt released for free we would here them on the radio alot more as they would chart higher.

Radio is quite different these days. It's split among apps, satellite and old-fashioned radio stations, and there are probably other incarnations that I don't even know about.

My local alternative station is a precious thing, with a very weak signal. That they choose to regularly play one of my instant favorites from the album, and still favorite, makes me love them more - TIWYCRMN. :heart:

Is it CosmoKramer on here that updates the forum on such things? He could likely explain to us how they count spins/airplay on the various formats.

Scroll down to the bottom of this pdf to see the local airplay from various stations. I know they've included Boston stations before. I always think that Boston, Philly and Chicago are the U2 towns in the US!
This one is Mediabase, but there are also the kworb.net and billboard charts.
http://pdf.mediabase.com/PDFChart.a...048048054032049049058049056058051057032065077

The Troubles will be the big hit

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just read this: REVOLT | KROQ Announces Monster Lineup For 25th Annual Almost Acoustic Christmas

Maybe it is true, hope it works.

It's no secret KROQ runs the show when it comes to alternative radio, as they have for the better part of 30 years now. Commanding the largest audience of any alt station in the U.S. (New York has long struggled to maintain a flagship station inside the format), along with residing in what's arguably the genre's post-grunge Mecca, the station wields an immense power in launching records, spiking sales, and perhaps, most importantly, acting as a strong influence to stations in lesser markets. Meaning if KROQ (shout out to former KROQ PD and REVOLT co-founder, Andy Schuon) adds a song, you bet more than a few will follow.

As such, in the politics of "the biz,” it's in the best interest of just about any artist and label to "kiss the ring" if you will, and this year, the radio kings have really outdone themselves, with some of the biggest names in rock bowing down to gain favor by playing the behemoth's long-running holiday concert, Almost Acoustic Christmas.

U2, who insiders tell REVOLT are making a serious pass at alt radio with their latest (and somewhat ignored following their Apple stunt) release, Songs Of Innocence.

I heard Song For Someone on KROQ last week and was pleasantly surprised. When Almost Acoustic Christmas was announced, I knew why. It's the same reason Arcade Fire started to get played last year. If you play a KROQ show your new music gets played. I hear Miracle and EBW on the other Alt station in town, but not as often as KROQ.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

Kroq is an interesting station in the sense that sometimes they'll play a set of '90s stuff in a row and I am transported back to the mid '90s as if i am in high school again listening to Kroq.

Back
Top Bottom