Some album news to come next week (25th)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My bet is on nothing substantial that we don't know already. The interview has already been taped, IIRC. I suspect that if there was any new information that it would've been leaked, after all this time.

unless the interview coincides with some sort of official announcement

#wishfulthinking

This is the worst phase before things really start to happen. The U2 community tunes in to hear Bono say something like "we have some big songs".

Wake me up in August, lol! :D

Unless I'm mis-reading it, this is basically going out of the way to say there won't be news or tidbits on the new album.

Unless I'm mis-reading it, this is basically going out of the way to say there won't be news or tidbits on the new album.

Yes, the only relevant thing here should be if Bono told Byrne he doesn't want to talk about the album release next fall, and indirectly, confirmed it.

Yes, the only relevant thing here should be if Bono told Byrne he doesn't want to talk about the album release next fall, and indirectly, confirmed it.

Good point. I suppose there is a back-handed confirmation in there. Although it's hard to tell if that's Byrne's assumption on timing or him relaying Bono's words?

Either way, I wouldn't tune into the interview expecting album news.

Another thread?

Awesome.

So here's the question, why have an entire subforum dedicated to new album news, when there can only be one thread?

this subforum exists to discuss independant topics. if I'd posted this in the Electric Lady studios thread, it'd be buried after a few hours, and we'd have eight people coming in over the next week reposting this same info

god forbid there be some semblance of logic here

So here's the question, why have an entire subforum dedicated to new album news, when there can only be one thread?

this subforum exists to discuss independant topics. if I'd posted this in the Electric Lady studios thread, it'd be buried after a few hours, and we'd have eight people coming in over the next week reposting this same info

Right so let's get logical then.

What's it about then, this thread?

If it's about any new revelations with respects to the new album (which it doesn't sound like it would be), then it belongs in the ongoing new album discussion, as is customarily been the practice since..who knows when..

A desire not to see one's post buried isn't really the strongest case for meriting a new thread..it happens.

Alternatively, if it's a thread to discuss a new interview and Bono's thoughts on life, religion, philanthropy, the color of the sky, whatever...expressed therein, ie, not necessarily album related - which in fact it sounds like it actually is - after all, the preview for the interview specifically says it's "about his innermost beliefs, his religion and he wanted to keep it separate from the bigger U2 story, the new album in the autumn and so on"

Then logically it belongs in the general section of EYKIW, right?

Also, maybe wait to see if this interview has actual new, distinct information?

Steve Lillywhite was on the radio yesterday here in Los Angeles, saying he was heading to New York to hear the material. Worthy of a thread? Nope. If he makes significant comments about his experience? Sure.

I come here interested in learning news/rumours/speculations RE new album. others do the same, so I thought I'd draw attention to something that hadn't otherwise been mentioned. was unaware of the unwritten code of conduct RE thread worthiness.

Cmon Dude. Your thread title says that there's album news to come next week and then references an interview. It's misleading. The interview pre-view article, specifically states it's not really going to be about the new album.

It deserved a brief mention in the album thread (barely!)...and maybe it's own thread in the general EYKIW section, because it will be more about Bono and his beliefs than anything else.. :shrug:

I come here interested in learning news/rumours/speculations RE new album. others do the same, so I thought I'd draw attention to something that hadn't otherwise been mentioned. was unaware of the unwritten code of conduct RE thread worthiness.

There isn't some kind of hard and fast code, but it's considerate to avoid misleading people or make a mountain out of a molehill.

Cmon Dude. Your thread title says that there's album news to come next week and then references an interview. It's misleading. The interview pre-view article, specifically states it's not really going to be about the new album.

It deserved a brief mention in the album thread (barely!)...and maybe it's own thread in the general EYKIW section, because it will be more about Bono and his beliefs than anything else.. :shrug:

Yes, and the original post already admits "it could be nothing".

"We want the album to be really great blah blah. There's no point in existing unless we have eleven-point-zero-seven reasons blah blah. We could release it this year or you may never hear from us again blah blah."

EXACTLY. :applaud:

A hot summer finally started...in a few weeks they're going to be in Eze for their holidays. Except some pics of them on Edge's yacht we wont have any new album news until september!

Also, maybe wait to see if this interview has actual new, distinct information?

Steve Lillywhite was on the radio yesterday here in Los Angeles, saying he was heading to New York to hear the material. Worthy of a thread? Nope. If he makes significant comments about his experience? Sure.

That's actually somewhat interesting news. I pray to God that he's just listening.

i knew i should have started a new thread especially for my hitler painting joke! :doh:

Crikey, what is it with the thread police lately?

There's no "new" album. There's no news about a "new" album at the moment. Nothing's more annoying than a non-mod showing up telling everyone to "get back on topic", especially when there's nothing new on topic to discuss. Someone doesn't discuss X topic in the prescribed way and heads explode...really, is there a fear that there will be mass confusion among the few dozen people reading these threads if someone goes slightly off topic? If we can spend a few pages arguing over what the definition of "mixing" is, I'm thinking that as long as U2 is part of what's being discussed, anything is fair game. Any discussion of the new record at this point, with so little information, is by definition going to involve other aspects of the band, no matter how many threads there are.

If a mod wants to come in and get us all back on a specific topic, fair enough, but otherwise its the message board equivalent of get these damn kids off my lawn.

I'm not sure my comment of "awesome" and gvox's "merge" constitute "heads exploding".

Once again with the strawman argument.

No one was using harsh language or seemed angry. This wasn't some big violation, just a bit of non-news at this point that would have been better addressed later if it bears fruit.

Let me pose a question to you, Nick: what would be an unnecessary thread? Or you just think anyone should clutter up this subforum with whatever tickles their fancy?

I'm not sure my comment of "awesome" and gvox's "merge" constitute "heads exploding".

Once again with the strawman argument.

No one was using harsh language or seemed angry. This wasn't some big violation, just a bit of non-news at this point that would have been better addressed later if it bears fruit.

Let me pose a question to you, Nick: what would be an unnecessary thread? Or you just think anyone should clutter up this subforum with whatever tickles their fancy?

I'm not necessarily refering to your exchange with Gabe...I've seen these complaints come up several times in the other new album threads...i.e., let's stick to talking about the "new" record, when there's no new record to discuss. e.g. someone complained when you and I were talking about NLOTH the other day. Talking about the "new" record is just going to lead to discussions about what U2 has done before. It happens, especially when there's no "new" "news" on the "new" album. I'm sure once we know the name of the record there will be six 30 page threads on that alone, so until then, what's the big deal?

As far as starting a new thread goes, as long as it's in the proper sub forum, and it's not being discussed elsewhere, sure, I don't care if someone starts a new thread, especially as slow as it's been around here lately. When there's any real news about the new record, all the attention is going to go there anyway, so what's the harm during the slow times? But that's just me, I'm not a mod, average max about 2-3 posts a day here, and I've never started a thread, and likely never will.

Again, peace Laz, that wasn't directed at you. Don't let your head explode. :)

tumblr_mahxnhYTXM1r5yz68.gif

If I worked for the Government or some sort of secret agency and needed a code name, my code name would be SCUBA. Telling you all this is silly because I've just obliterated my potential future cover, but, I just felt compelled to share.

I look forward to someone complaining about me derailing the thread.

If I worked for the Government or some sort of secret agency and needed a code name, my code name would be SCUBA. Telling you all this is silly because I've just obliterated my potential future cover, but, I just felt compelled to share.

I look forward to someone complaining about me derailing the thread.

My code name is FORTUNE COOKIE.

Back
Top Bottom