SOI in arenas v stadiums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What is SOI most suited to do you think?

I think alot of the tracks would sound great in a stadium but the rumour is there doing arenas. I want them to do arenas but is the record a sign that they will be touring stadiums again?

Arenas, totally, the songs need a more intimate setting. And I kind of wish U2 would take the risk of playing the whole album live and retire some of the old warehouses instead.

Arenas, totally, the songs need a more intimate setting. And I kind of wish U2 would take the risk of playing the whole album live and retire some of the old warehouses instead.

Id be more then happy with that

The thing that PISSES me off, is that it's not even a risk. 33 million listeners, and they HAVE TO play WOWY and Streets? Fuck right off.

If its 33 million in 6 days then there defo gonna get 50 million come the end of the month.

Kasabian just played there debut album in full at the itunes gig. They did that went off then did another greatest hits set. They did 2 and half hours. U2 should do this and play the album in full then do a greatest hits set

I think some of it depends on the revenue plans for the tour and what kind of financial guarantees the band may be wanting. Personally I would prefer they do arenas because I think they would be slightly less inclined to break out the warhorses. Do stadiums, especially in the U.S., and you can guarantee some warhorses to appease the casual fans and scene makers and to ensure better chance of sell outs.

Old warehouses?

What an awesome typo! :applaud:

Shit, they should play some old warehouses too. Isn't that somewhere between a stadium and an arena show? :lol:

Arenas are better for intimacy, but with stadiums you have a better chance of scoring tickets.

I really think they'll do arenas and stadiums in the US and Europe. In South America and Australia/NZ and South Africa I'm sorry to say but fans in the Southern Hemisphere will probably get stadium shows. Japan will be interesting because they probably can't fill 2 stadium shows, so it may get arenas or skipped again.

I really think they'll do arenas and stadiums in the US and Europe. In South America and Australia/NZ and South Africa I'm sorry to say but fans in the Southern Hemisphere will probably get stadium shows. Japan will be interesting because they probably can't fill 2 stadium shows, so it may get arenas or skipped again.

Were did they play last time they went to japan?was it on the vertigo tour?

I hope they play South Africa this time but I do not have high hopes.

Some South American fan site posted an official confirmation from Universal Music Argentina on Twitter last night which said that the tour was about to start in "early 2015" and will also go to South America. Sorry, I cannot find the statement now :(

If its 33 million in 6 days then there defo gonna get 50 million come the end of the month.

Kasabian just played there debut album in full at the itunes gig. They did that went off then did another greatest hits set. They did 2 and half hours. U2 should do this and play the album in full then do a greatest hits set

Interesting idea.

Slightly different, but I really enjoyed the new Peter Gabriel Blu-ray (back to front) where he did 3 segments, lights on acoustic hits, lights off electric hits, ant the "SO" album start to finish.

I'd like to see U2 do something similar but more in terms of themes. Start with a lights on / intimate full band acoustic set, lights down up tempo, lights down "moody"/down-tempo.

In terms of SOI I'd think that EBW and even California would slot in well during the acoustic portion.

Miracle, RBW would slot in well in the middle section

And... IRIS, Sleep, Troubles would be great near the end with MOS, New York, Dirty Day... :drool:

Interesting idea.

Slightly different, but I really enjoyed the new Peter Gabriel Blu-ray (back to front) where he did 3 segments, lights on acoustic hits, lights off electric hits, ant the "SO" album start to finish.

I'd like to see U2 do something similar but more in terms of themes. Start with a lights on / intimate full band acoustic set, lights down up tempo, lights down "moody"/down-tempo.

In terms of SOI I'd think that EBW and even California would slot in well during the acoustic portion.

Miracle, RBW would slot in well in the middle section

And... IRIS, Sleep, Troubles would be great near the end with MOS, New York, Dirty Day... :drool:

I would just about kill to see them perform SoI in its entirety, start to finish. Seriously. Think about it. As a concept album in particular they haven't done anything this good in a long, long time.

I would just about kill to see them perform SoI in its entirety, start to finish. Seriously. Think about it. As a concept album in particular they haven't done anything this good in a long, long time.

I agree, it would be really cool. I don't think they'll do it though for fear that a few thousand people may leave early. It wouldn't be such a risk with AB or JT which would be U2's "So".

A couple days ago I kind of got skewered for suggesting that Streets and ISHFWILF could be interchangeable in the set list. The reality is if we get all 11 tracks of SOI we will certainly lose several "must have" classics. I could do without many of them if I'm honest but there would be a backlash!

The funny thing about SOI is I am trying to stay away from it until the proper CD comes out and I have several tunes in my head and I really would like to see most of these songs live.

Oh, and Arenas for sure!!!!

The ONLY reason I prefer arenas over stadiums is because 1. In arenas there is a higher level of setlists variation, and 2. There's a chance they'll do an arena show somewhere in ohio!

If I'm at a stadium U2 show, I'll spend the money to get a good spot, so I don't really care. I'm done with GA, though. Been there, done that, not gonna fuck with it anymore. I'll just buy the expensive seats and arrive at the venue whenever I want and have a good view of the stage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom