SOI Hidden stuff, mistakes, obscure references and other odd findings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andy76

The Fly
Dropped drumsticks, altered cover art, fubbed lines, missed cues, voices in the wrong places, Larry cursing, super obscure references, messy editing, the odd whisper, Illuminati back masking and so on...

I personally love this kind of stuff. And U2 have a wonderful long history of things, intentionally or not, that make you smile or rise an eyebrow. Both in the music and on the sleeves. This album can't be an exeption, can it?

One thing I found so far is in Cedarwood Road. At the 2:23-24 mark I can swear I hear a trumpet blasting. Not supposed to be there according to the liner notes. But I hear it... :hmm: Or do I?

Haven't made any other big discoverings myself yet but that doesn't mean shit. I know it's there. :wink:

If you play those wolf sounds backwards you can distinctly hear someone saying "I buried Paul...McGuinness". Doesn't sound like any of the band members so I'm thinking Guy Oseary snuck it onto the final mix.

I think I hear wolves doing cocaine at the beginning of raised by wolves.

Amazing.

Also can somebody point me to the songs of larry cursing/dropping drumsticks? I've never picked up on those...

There's a thread on exactly that subject from just a few weeks ago. Shouldn't be far back in ETYKIW.

Amazing.

Also can somebody point me to the songs of larry cursing/dropping drumsticks? I've never picked up on those...

There are two songs with this, thought it was common knowledge!

If you listen to Miami and Stand Up Comedy all the way to the end, once the music fads away and right before the next song starts (in both cases), its a big F*** You to fans.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

There are two songs with this, thought it was common knowledge!

If you listen to Miami and Stand Up Comedy all the way to the end, once the music fads away and right before the next song starts (in both cases), its a big F*** You to fans.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I think yelling F you after hearing either of those songs is a normal reaction:D So is smashing your CD or deleting the tracks from your playlist

Back
Top Bottom