SOI Deluxe edition release on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trumpy

The Fly
Looking at purchasing the deluxe edition on iTunes and it says it will be released November 18! Why? Does that seem strange? I just wanted to buy the songs not on the original album is all...

Because the retail stores are supposed to have a month-long exclusive just as iTunes had with the free download of the regular album.

Yeah, this was announced right back in September when the album dropped.

According to this @U2 article several bonus tracks are already available on iTunes.
Songs Of Innocence Deluxe Edition on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify

For those of us who already have the standard album and just want CD 2 from the Deluxe Edition, that's being sold separately, too, under the title Songs Of Innocence +. It has a $6.99 price and the same November 18th release date, but five of the 10 tracks can be purchased now.

Yeah, I don't recall the limited iTunes availability announced in Sep. at least the acoustic versions are there. I listen to my music through the iCloud, so buying it with another channel does me no good. Weird they would release this a month later just for the stores to have 'exclusive' access to it.

I was hoping that because the Deluxe Edition was being held until November 18, that iTunes would actually offer extra tracks not available anywhere else.

Possibly 2-3 bonus "acoustic" tracks :crack:

Looking at purchasing the deluxe edition on iTunes and it says it will be released November 18! Why? Does that seem strange? I just wanted to buy the songs not on the original album is all...

At first, I found that to be strange, as I was expecting a similar strategy as 'Invisible' (free until a period of time, and once that period of time expires, it's available for purchase), but it all makes sense with the retailers and stuff.

'Songs of Innocence +' on the U.S. iTunes Store:
#122 - Top 200 Albums
#24 - Top Rock Albums

Top Rock Songs:
#65 - Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
#70 - Song for Someone (acoustic)
#79 - Raised by Wolves (acoustic)
#80 - California (There is No End to Love) [acoustic]
#81 - Cedarwood Road (acoustic)

International Album Performance:
#24 - Italy
#43 - Honduras
#78 - Belgium
#96 - France
#130 - Japan
#130 - Mexico
#165 - Brazil
#165 - Spain
#173 - South Africa
#190 - The Netherlands

Not bad.

I'm not seeing the individual tracks for the deluxe edition on the U.S. store being available for download. Odd.

I think you have to 'pre-order' the deluxe (or +) edition of the album to get the acoustic tracks to download. It costs, like $7 or so, I bought it and got them to listen to now. Good stuff. The rest will come in November, tho.

I'm not seeing the individual tracks for the deluxe edition on the U.S. store being available for download. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom