SOI and SOE part of U2 rock opera?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
Maybe it has come to somebody's minds too, but I strongly get the feeling that SOI is part of a rock opera about the band's career.... That makes sense that SOI will be listened to differently when SOE will be released. That's what Bono said. Also it makes sense that there still isn't a video for a single song and there had been different locations in Dublin where filming was going on without the band and probably actors. And at the start of this year (or early last year) Bono and Edge were asked to contribute music to a film about a fictional young Dublin band with an simular career as U2's.... Mayby plans had changed and is the focus from the film more on U2 and that the whole band is involved now. This makes the connections between Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience a lot clearer.... It's a thing the band had never done before and with their 40th anniversary coming over the next few years.

Songs of Innocence is indeed a little part of a great plan!
Are there more clues on this vision?

What scares me about this idea and the themes of SOI and SOE is that musically it would be a fitting end to their career. And I'm not ready for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What scares me about this idea and the themes of SOI and SOE is that musically it would be a fitting end to their career. And I'm not ready for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Its coming soon i think

It could be, but I do not consider it being a "rock opera" like The WHO (band) "Tommy" or some other. It is a sort of memoir of their career. A concept album might be
the right word I may suggest. - Concept album - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A studio album where all musical or lyrical ideas contribute to a single overall theme or
unified story.
A looking back at their roots and their personal lives. Songs of Experience may be a continuation story-telling record with songs about their later "adventures" when they
reached their fame in later years. The title offers that hint with the word "Experience".

I also think (but do want to think about) this being a farewell record.
Their last adventure in the musical world, by putting out SOI and SOE and telling people, "OK Folks, that's it. We have nothing more to say and nothing more to do.
The show is over. Lets all go home now."

Well, anything can happen. It is their choice and their lives.
We are just here to enjoy the shows and listen to their songs and going for a U2 ride.
Its been a very long ride for all of these years.
All travel rides must have a final destination. Otherwise we would not take that ride.
A home to come back to after the long travel.

As the old saying says, all things must come to an end, sooner or later it does.
Nothing lasts forever.
If this is the last farewell set of records, at least I am happy to have known them
and their music.
Their songs will still be listened to 500 years from now and be played by many new
musicians who will consider them to be the Beethoven of our times.
Well ok, perhaps not such musical genius as Beethoven, but some Irish guys who played
some great music and made our lives a much happier one.

As they've clearly been filming something in Dublin (and beyond), while also secretly working on a new way to "experience" music with Apple, which is said to have some sort of video aspect to it... your crazy thought might not be that crazy.

I don't see a full on movie, but something akin to Linear, but on a grander scale perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom