SoE request thread for Thanksgiving - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #1
Refugee
 
jag0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensalem PA
Posts: 1,376
Local Time: 11:14 AM
SoE request thread for Thanksgiving

Now we all know everyone on this site is either getting the cd for free from Ticketmaster for buying concert tickets, preordered already or buying it at the store on12/1. We also know a few fine people already have the album. If anyone cares to share it and make everyone thanksgiving here in America and the rest of the world the most memorable holiday in decades please feel free to share. It would be most appreciated. Thanks and God speed :-)
U2rob73@gmail.com
__________________

__________________
jag0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 124
Local Time: 02:14 PM
Thank you in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

sanketkumar@hotmail.com
__________________

__________________
Amiarockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 12,813
Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag0918 View Post
Now we all know everyone on this site is either getting the cd for free from Ticketmaster for buying concert tickets, preordered already or buying it at the store on12/1. We also know a few fine people already have the album. If anyone cares to share it and make everyone thanksgiving here in America and the rest of the world the most memorable holiday in decades please feel free to share. It would be most appreciated. Thanks

U2rob73@gmail.com


Is this claim just based on the Twitter reviews we are aware of, or do you know something more?
__________________
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:19 AM   #4
Refugee
 
jag0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensalem PA
Posts: 1,376
Local Time: 11:14 AM
Reviews are out now. CDs have been sent to critics and then some. Roughly 10days before the album releases it leaks. Been that way for years with the exception of SoI
__________________
jag0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 AM   #5
Refugee
 
kiwilad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Malmsbury Villa
Posts: 1,357
Local Time: 03:14 AM
For me this is the first time I have a streaming service for a U2 album release. I use Google Play Music.
So... why buy the album? I mean I get having the physical thing. As a collector of ... things. But I would never use it. So I'd only buy it digitally. And I see no point.
So is everyone here actually gonna buy this album? Is there a benefit over and above just streaming it?
__________________
kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:55 AM   #6
Refugee
 
jag0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensalem PA
Posts: 1,376
Local Time: 11:14 AM
I’ve already preorder the vinyl on amazon and iTunes . I always buy u2s album in one format or another since 1992
__________________
jag0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #7
War Child
 
aMansAman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vienna/Europe
Posts: 645
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
So is everyone here actually gonna buy this album? Is there a benefit over and above just streaming it?
Imagine, I will literally GO to a record shop on Dec1 and buy the vinyl version .. just because ... I like to FEEL a new U2 record in my hands , flip through the booklet , put the record on .. and just enjoy this analog feeling.
__________________
aMansAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #8
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,336
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMansAman View Post
Imagine, I will literally GO to a record shop on Dec1 and buy the vinyl version .. just because ... I like to FEEL a new U2 record in my hands , flip through the booklet , put the record on .. and just enjoy this analog feeling.
__________________
hasin73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:09 AM   #9
Refugee
 
super fly guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dundee,scotland
Posts: 2,007
Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMansAman View Post
Imagine, I will literally GO to a record shop on Dec1 and buy the vinyl version .. just because ... I like to FEEL a new U2 record in my hands , flip through the booklet , put the record on .. and just enjoy this analog feeling.
👍already ordered my vinyl copy.
__________________
super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,333
Local Time: 09:14 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

It'll leak when it's good and ready, if it leaks at all. We don't need request threads before the damn thing has even leaked.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #11
War Child
 
standrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 588
Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
For me this is the first time I have a streaming service for a U2 album release. I use Google Play Music.
So... why buy the album? I mean I get having the physical thing. As a collector of ... things. But I would never use it. So I'd only buy it digitally. And I see no point.
So is everyone here actually gonna buy this album? Is there a benefit over and above just streaming it?
Me. I love the physical copy - the sleeve etc. Then it goes up on my shelf. Old school.

But I'll have a digital version too.
__________________
standrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #12
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,851
Local Time: 02:14 PM
i ordered the digital deluxe and will likely order the vinyl as well. Then there are the two copies i get for buying concert tickets.

i personally don’t care for streaming services, definitely not enough to pay for them. If there is a song i really like, I’ll just buy it on iTunes. If I’m not sure about it, I’ll listen to it via YouTube.
__________________
CosmoKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #13
Refugee
 
jag0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensalem PA
Posts: 1,376
Local Time: 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This thread is ridiculous.

It'll leak when it's good and ready, if it leaks at all. We don't need request threads before the damn thing has even leaked.
Relax and be positive
__________________
jag0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,775
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
This thread is ridiculous.

It'll leak when it's good and ready, if it leaks at all. We don't need request threads before the damn thing has even leaked.
Certified House Protector. click clack.
__________________
popacrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag0918 View Post
Relax and be positive
Relax and wait 9 more days.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com