SOE promo tour/promo activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miringeltje

An Interferer
Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread - moderators, please feel free to move elsewhere if needed.

The SOE promo activities/promo activities have started.
Bono and Adam together with Kygo performed "You're the best thing" at the NRJ music awards in Cannes, France tonight.
Haven't been able to find a video of the performance yet.
But I am sure that is only a matter of time.

There are also a few radio stations promoting an exclusive pre-release SOE album listening party in LA with a private meet & greet with the band.

I just entered to win the Ultimate Flyaway Experience with U2!

+

Alice’s U2uesday: Win The U2 Experience « Alice@97.3

Edit : found more info that you will be flown to LA from Monday November 27th to Tuesday November 28th.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread - moderators, please feel free to move elsewhere if needed.

The SOE promo activities/promo activities have started.

Bono and Adam together with Kygo performed "You're the best thing" at the NRJ music awards in Cannes, France tonight.

Haven't been able to find a video of the performance yet.

But I am sure that is only a matter of time.

There are also a few radio stations promoting an exclusive pre-release SOE album listening party in LA with a private meet & greet with the band.

I just entered to win the Ultimate Flyaway Experience with U2!

+

Alice’s U2uesday: Win The U2 Experience « Alice@97.3

Edit : found more info that you will be flown to LA from Monday November 27th to Tuesday November 28th.

Good idea to start this.

There is a rumor that they will play SNL on 12/2

They are nominated for an EMA (European MTV awards) and it's possible they will perform.

They are nominated for an AMA (American Music award) and it's possible they will perform

They are nominated for the Los40 awards in Spain and there is a rumor that they might perform with Kygo again

Good idea to start this.

There is a rumor that they will play SNL on 12/2

They are nominated for an EMA (European MTV awards) and it's possible they will perform.

They are nominated for an AMA (American Music award) and it's possible they will perform

They are nominated for the Los40 awards in Spain and there is a rumor that they might perform with Kygo again

Some dates to go with that :

Los40 awards are November 10th at the WiZink Center in Madrid. Bono and Adam will collect a Golden Music Award on the band's behalf. They might also pick up a second award: U2 is nominated in the Tour Of The Year category for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.

EMA are November 12th at SSE Arena, Wembley, London.

AMA are November 19th at Microsoft Arena in Los Angeles

And here is the first video of their NRJ performance with Kygo . Not the best quality, but at least it is something : https://www.instagram.com/p/BbF09EiDeGO/

Better quality video :

https://vk.com/video61836776_456240172

Edit : corrected link to better quality video

Mimed award/TV show performances are the worst.
Oh i dunno. Mili Vanili were pretty entertaining.

Like a honey bee you took the best from me. Now i can't erase this memory. Like a fairy tale you were so unreal... etc.

Classic

Yeah, especially when it involves artists who typically excel live. It reminds me of the Beautiful Day Top of the Pops performance, might as well just play the music video bs have the band show up.

If only Bono looked and behaved at least anything close to as cool as Adam.

New album, new glasses please!!! Those pink Lennon glasses need to go ASAP!!! They have never looked good on him and yet he keeps on wearing them. Where on earth is his stylist?!

And that walk through the crowd with all these girls following behind him. Like seriously?! Cringe.

The part where he makes his hands into a prayer during "it's children who teach" made me wince.

If only Bono looked and behaved at least anything close to as cool as Adam.

New album, new glasses please!!! Those pink Lennon glasses need to go ASAP!!! They have never looked good on him and yet he keeps on wearing them. Where on earth is his stylist?!

And that walk through the crowd with all these girls following behind him. Like seriously?! Cringe.

... did someone mention glasses?? Please lets start a petition for new glasses...heck let's buy him new glasses! The Lennon ones must go!

How does his wife not mention this to him??? Show me a Husband that doesn’t get the ‘fashion yes/no’ as he leaves the house.

I believe a U2 Songs rumor article (don't have the link, but I think it's the one that called the November 1 announcement date) said that they'll be playing around Europe this month before playing around the US in December. So in addition to SNL, I'd expect bookings on Fallon / Colbert / Kimmel in December. I think Fallon is most likely because of the friendly audience, but Colbert is the only show they haven't played this year.

My hope for this promo tour is that they play some small venue shows like they did for ATYCLB and at the Roxy in 2015.

Last edited:
How does his wife not mention this to him??? Show me a Husband that doesn’t get the ‘fashion yes/no’ as he leaves the house.

Is it possible he's just surrounded by so many "yes men" that nobody tells him he looks stupid. Seriously, all of his fashion choices since the SOI era began have been very questionable. I'm no fashionista, and I normally could give a fuck less how a man looks, but aren't rock stars supposed to look cool? If I walked out of the house like that, my wife would laugh and make me go inside and change. Then again, I'm not a millionaire either.

I don't mind the pink granny glasses. You can actually see his eyes. :cute:

Bono has plenty of cringe-worthy moments, but folks, don't any of us remember this:

He's been like an embarrassing dad since he was 20. That's what makes him so lovable.

They just started out then, they have an excuse. When your 40 years in there's no excuse :)

I don't mind the pink granny glasses. You can actually see his eyes. :cute:

Bono has plenty of cringe-worthy moments, but folks, don't any of us remember this:

He's been like an embarrassing dad since he was 20. That's what makes him so lovable.

Last night was bad but that video you posted is fucking atrocious.

Quick survey:

Question 1 What clothing article is worse: 1980 Bono Jump Suit or 2017 Bono glasses with hat combo?

Question 2 What dancing is worse: 1980 "I'm on meth/PCP/coke" dancing Bono or 2017 " college graduation party dancing grandpa" Bono?

This is a difficult call on both parts because on one hand 1980 Bono is young and that jump suit looking outfit is likely in fashion somewhere at that time and 2017 Bono was in a bad bike accident that clearly impacted his dancing. So....

Question 1: 2017 Bono glasses with Hat combo are worse
Question 2: 1980 Bono Dancing is worse

It's a draw.

last night was bad but that video you posted is fucking atrocious.

Quick survey:

Question 1 what clothing article is worse: 1980 bono jump suit or 2017 bono glasses with hat combo?

Question 2 what dancing is worse: 1980 "i'm on meth/pcp/coke" dancing bono or 2017 " college graduation party dancing grandpa" bono?

This is a difficult call on both parts because on one hand 1980 bono is young and that jump suit looking outfit is likely in fashion somewhere at that time and 2017 bono was in a bad bike accident that clearly impacted his dancing. So....

Question 1: 2017 bono glasses with hat combo are worse
question 2: 1980 bono dancing is worse

it's a draw.

exactly!

God that was awful! Why speed through it? If there's no time then just give the award and get off the stage.

The good news is that it can only go up from here.

Last edited:
They better have another behavior soon and a decent Album with SOE. Otherwise it will be it for me. I can t stand them nowadays. It hurts to say that.

They better have another behavior soon and a decent Album with SOE. Otherwise it will be it for me. I can t stand them nowadays. It hurts to say that.

Another behavior soon?!

Damnit Edge sit up straight or no video games for you tonight, and Bono you better eat your vegetables or it’s bedtime without cartoons tonight.

Sorry, that was a weird fucking post.

Is it possible he's just surrounded by so many "yes men" that nobody tells him he looks stupid.

I guess he's given us some clues...

Mofo: "No one tells me no"

Original of the Species: "Some people have way too much confidence, baby"

DN4tlu_WkAEXR1U

:giggle: Go bold or go home!

Back
Top Bottom