SOE Holdouts until 12/1- The End is Near

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazon music unlimited is 0.99 cents for 3 months, I guess not a bad option if you want to listen to U2 on computer before your free CD from ticketmaster shows up. You can cancel I assume right away like most of these feee trial things or you'll get stuck paying like 8 bucks a month for a service you don't use. But I don't know the details. Just an idea.

If you have already ordered the CD or are about to, then I don't see anything wrong with downloading a free copy from the torrents to listen to it while waiting for your CD to arrive.

Thinking about you Cosmo! Getting close!

Looking above. I would think you’re in pretty safe territory. Have you heard American Soul yet?

If you like Bomb, you may like it.

I don’t actively dislike any songs right now. Just two I find kinda so so.

Gonna be cool to check out this thread in a few hours!!!

Pour your saki and let it soak in.

I have heard American Soul and it's okay. Not bad but not jumping out at me like say The Blackout. I completely understand the cringe people get from some of the refu-lyrics ;) and the rock and roll chorus but it doesn't bother me too much as the groove in parts of the song are cool.

1 1/2 hours to go!

I must be the old school guy cuz I'm heading to local target before work tomorrow... Talk of Amazon.. Spotify still escapes me but then again I go back far enough to remember buying war in an actual record store!

Same here, but I doubt my Target will have the Deluxe edition (maybe they'll surprise me!). To me, Spotify or a digital download doesn't count as a legitimate listening experience. That's secondary after getting the physical copy.

Just heard the studio version of the Little Things That Give You Away on the Amazon U2 Experience. Sounded great! This program they've got set up is very cool with all of the U2 interview clips. Hell, they played the demo of "A Day Without Me" an hour ago!

1 hour to go

Just heard the studio version of the Little Things That Give You Away on the Amazon U2 Experience. Sounded great! This program they've got set up is very cool with all of the U2 interview clips. Hell, they played the demo of "A Day Without Me" an hour ago!

1 hour to go

Way to go! Almost there.

Little Things man... can't get over it.

Just got home from a brief road trip this afternoon. Walmart didn't work out earlier since they couldn't give it to me early, so I cancelled that and will probably download the rest of the album on iTunes once it goes up. Will either get the deluxe tomorrow or wait to see if the ticket CDs are just the regular album or not.

Either way, very excited to hear the album momentarily!

EDIT: It's up at 10:00 pm CT exactly. Purchased and downloading now!

Last edited:
I forgot how great of a closer Shadows and Tall Trees is.

HOLY SHIT I HAVE THE ALBUM!

Wait....no I don't. These are previews!

Last edited:
Please tell me people are not actually waiting for the calendar to change to Dec 1st to listen. That’s really silly.

As promised, Walmart had the CD when I got there. So yeah I popped that cherry real quick.

I guess ultimately I didn't hold out until 12/1. Funny how that works.

Wow....downloading to my phone now at 11:25pm!!! I like how early it came.

Review to follow shortly....”and heeeere....weeeeeeee....go!

10 minutes to go until it's on Spotify... My two-day, thirteen album listening session will end a few minutes past 12:00 AM. As soon as the last song from SOI plays I'm gonna hit play on SOE. I haven't been this excited for something in a long time! I will give my first impressions right after my first listen, or sometime tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom