SOE Holdouts until 12/1- The End is Near

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still holding out too! After missing the initial leak I'm waiting until I have the CD in hand before listening.

I keep going back and forth on how to first experience it.. Should I use my fancy Bose noise-cancelling headphones or play the CD through a surround sound setup?!. Decisions, decisions!

If you have kids(like me) Then headphones
If you don’t...blast that shit!

I found it fairly easy to hold out and wait, but all of a sudden with only less than 24 hours to go I'm starting to become incredibly restless and impatient. Have to stay strong and hold out for just one more day.

After the 30 second sneak listen, I haven't even listened to the previously, officially released songs...:D

Looking forward to tomorrow night around 9:00 p.m. PST...:yes:

I stoped listening to any and all U2 today and won’t tomorrow until the album is out. This way I won’t be tempted to skip Best Thing, Get Out, American Soul and Blackout.

The way I see it, I’ll get two new songs and then get a 3 song break of the “singles” before starting what I am told around these parts is the “holy shit, hold on” streak of songs 6-13.

I stoped listening to any and all U2 today and won’t tomorrow until the album is out. This way I won’t be tempted to skip Best Thing, Get Out, American Soul and Blackout.

The way I see it, I’ll get two new songs and then get a 3 song break of the “singles” before starting what I am told around these parts is the “holy shit, hold on” streak of songs 6-13.

Lol this happened to me. I’ve been skipping the songs we already heard before. Only today I’ve listened to them because im getting a little overdosed on the newer songs lol. I think in a few days im going to have to give u2 a rest and listen to something else. Turns out there is such a thing as “ too much of a good thing is bad for you”. I’m u2 overdosed ha!

In the home stretch now, so should be easy for me. Sleep, go to work, then I have a trip to make which will take up most of the afternoon and evening. Should be back at my home in time to either download the iTunes album or go ahead listening with another one!

I'm still on the hold out team.... Friday can't come soon enough! I made it this far 36 hours no problem!

IMG_0226.JPG

So close! The real wait time for me is 1 day and 1 hour but close enough!

I will be giving my first impression after I finish the album(I'll likely give my impression of the first two songs while listening to Best Thing through American Soul).

I'm very excited and can't wait to get to know these new songs....hope I love them as much as most of the people in this forum.

Only 22 hours to go... I have school tomorrow as well as an essay to write on Thursday night, so I will be keeping busy... After a long, hard day I will be able to reward myself! ?

It's out in NZ in two hours and Australia in four hours time, so surely you don't have to wait the entire 22 hours to hear it. An upload should happen within the next few hours.

So....today I will begin a tradition I started 20 years ago (before the release of Pop) of listening to every U2 album from start to finish the day before a new album release (if I can get that far)...:crazy:

With my much busier schedule, not sure I'll make it to SOI, but I'm gonna try!

:D

Looking forward to hearing reviews of the hold outs! Please make your voices heard tomorrow!

I will post my review as I listen at or around midnight. I’m excited and hope I have the love that you and many others around here have for it.

Since 1993 I have gone into my first listen (always on the day of release save for Bomb) wanting to love the new album. That has not always been the case:

First impressions:

Zooropa: didn’t like it at all
Pop: very “meh” about it
ATYCLB: liked it a lot
Bomb: loved it
NLOTH: very “meh” about it
SOI: liked it a lot

We will see where SOE falls in about 12 hours!

Looking forward to hearing reviews of the hold outs! Please make your voices heard tomorrow!

This holdout does not feel like such a holdout having heard 4 album versions and one live version (Little Things). I am upset at myself that I am left with just 8 new songs tomorrow, plus Book of Your Heart. But as upset as I am, I am that excited, and more, that I get to enjoy these songs for the next few months and really delve into them as you all have so far. Midnight cannot come soon enough.

This holdout does not feel like such a holdout having heard 4 album versions and one live version (Little Things). I am upset at myself that I am left with just 8 new songs tomorrow, plus Book of Your Heart. But as upset as I am, I am that excited, and more, that I get to enjoy these songs for the next few months and really delve into them as you all have so far. Midnight cannot come soon enough.

The best is yet to come. :)

So I might not have to wait as long as I thought. Yesterday, on a whim, I checked the CD listing on Walmart.com. To my surprise, it said available for pickup *today* (as in yesterday). Unfortunately I didn't get my order in before the 4pm cut off for same day pickups, but it told me I would get it tomorrow. So, this morning, I did indeed get the email from Walmart that the order was now ready for pickup! But, of course, just my luck, pickups aren't available until 8am, at which time I need to be halfway to work. So kill me, but I'll swing by after work and maybe I'll be lucky enough to pickup the CD a day early. Fingers crossed.

The best is yet to come. :)

That's what I have heard so far, which is why I am so excited! While not great U2, I still enjoy TBT/AS/GOOYOW (which, for me, is reminiscent of Songs of Innocence as I, at the very least, enjoyed every song on that album). And I still love the Blackout, and think Little Things is creeping upon Classic U2 (and I hear the album version makes the song even better). Cannot wait to listen.

I bought a Doss Bluetooth speaker from Amazon and it sounds great when turned up(it was $30 on sale for $20). It's not the best on the market but it sounds good and that's all I need.

I think though after reading the comments, the way to go in headphones for my first listen. This way, I get the full effect of the album the first go around.

Thanks for that. Might take a look at it online.

Looks like I'm going to have to listen to this on Spotify when it's released (FINALLY) tomorrow because it seems the cd won't be dispatched until tomorrow. You'd think paying for it via their website so you can get a code to possibly buy tickets for their shows, they would do the decency and send it out in advance of the release date. Poor show.

Will make sure to post my thoughts on the album.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom