SOE FAN + industry reviews only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this song has 1 great song (Beautiful Day caliber) this album will go down as one of their greatest.

It's also got 13 songs! Can't beat that

Last edited:
I doubt it. Nobody would say "I'm gonna leak a bit of it, hahaha" on Twitter and then actually do it. Though if he did it would be hilarious.

Don't know about you all, but I love the idea of the album starting with a quiet, experimental song and then blowing the doors off with song 2. U2 albums almost always start big, so I like the novelty of it.

Don't know about you all, but I love the idea of the album starting with a quiet, experimental song and then blowing the doors off with song 2. U2 albums almost always start big, so I like the novelty of it.

Agreed. Helter Skelter was a bizarre opener, but I always felt Van Diemen's Land into Desire should have kicked off that album. Maybe a similar dynamic here.

If he would leak 30 seconds of Book Of Your Heart I think that’s fair. It’s technically not an album track and it would hold us over a few more days [emoji106]

Last edited:
I like Blackout a lot but it would be even better without the Fred/Zed and Jack/Zach nonsense. It just feels tacked on just because they rhyme and kind of cheapens the message of the song.
Totally agree. Also the production for the album is flat. All the texture from the live version seems gone. The Edge has ruined this album so far; there's no loud and soft. That was at least starting to come back on "Songs of Innocence" with "Sleep Like a Baby" and maybe a few others. Very disappointed.

I'm just going to be pretend Songs of Innocence just leaked and I'm enjoying California:

This is one of "Songs of Innocence"'s best moments. I always enjoy this song at the gym; too bad it's bookended by 2 dullards before it and the album's worst song afterward. When U2 really try for that single nowadays, they suck. I hope that's the case for this new album because I'm seriously disappointed in these first 3 official singles.

I’m curious as to why people think ATYCLB is better than Bomb. Aside from WILATW, side two is dross. Bomb might have some production issues, and some clunky moments, but there are no facepalms wife like Grace, Peace on Earth, Wild Honey etc.

I think "All Because of You" and especially "One Step Closer" are perhaps the very worst tracks U2's ever released -- certainly this decade. I still love "Wild Honey"'s bridge and don't hate the song.

I'd say Kite is easily top 5 for 2000's U2. The live version from the Window in the Skies single is the ultimate version of the song in my opinion. (Just wish I was good enough at editing to remove that awful shout out to Kate Blanchett)
YES! What a fraking prick for doing that. That's why I miss '80s/early '90s Bono. Such a corporate weasel. So sad.

Last edited:
Songs of death and taxes | Independent.ie
https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/songs-of-death-and-taxes-36348008.html

The writer tries, during the whole article, to avoid say anything positive the album could have, but at the end...

“It's an album fans will have little problem in embracing, but those keen to toast the end of U2's relevancy are not going to be able to pop those champagne corks just yet”

He loved it even if strongly tried to hate it.
Also......... I am more and more salivating for Landlady.

there is not. he only played them once and not while someone was recording it but people watching the stream did get to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom