SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMIS

Refugee
A guy named Rob is THE guy because he got hold of a vinyl of Songs of Experience and shared a listening session (or five) with U2 fans. Some have heard it, some have not. Mostly positive reactions so far. Have made it so far to Red Flag Day as I write. Loved Summer of Love on first listen

On first impressions, the best track for me is Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, this was an instant standout. Many U2 songs take time to grow on me, so many of the songs on the album I felt indifferent to at first as I just need more time, but LIBTAIIW on the other hand has grabbed me on first listen.

Listening to little things. Really liking the studio version.

Actually, quite like 13. Really like how it links back to SFS. Very atmospheric, similar to Love is all we have left. Completeley understand how it they link the first and last track. Intro and Outro ...

Overall I’m loving what I’ve heard and feel this album is much stronger than anything post-2000 despite not having a “Beautiful Day” or “Vertigo”. It leaves the last two in the dust for me already. And I can’t wait to see how they re-create these songs live. Lots of layers and atmospherics going on. Landlady, Little Things and Love is Bigger are simply gorgeous. Blackout, Red Flag Day and Showman will be great fun live.

After listening a couple of times, I honestly feel like this album, personally, is a gift from above. There's something so serene and atmospheric and just so unbelievably pleasant to listen to. Just laying here listening to it, there were many points where I felt like someone literally just reached in and grabbed my heart. The vocal melodies on here are seriously some of the best I've ever heard from anyone.

Overall I’m loving what I’ve heard and feel this album is much stronger than anything post-2000 despite not having a “Beautiful Day” or “Vertigo”. It leaves the last two in the dust for me already. And I can’t wait to see how they re-create these songs live. Lots of layers and atmospherics going on. Landlady, Little Things and Love is Bigger are simply gorgeous. Blackout, Red Flag Day and Showman will be great fun live.

I agree. Except I actually not feeling Love is Bigger.... It seems really Christian rock to me. But liking it way more than the last few records

I saw last night someone was streaming it but quality wasn’t great - at least one person said it was hard to make out the lyrics for example. Has a decent copy now leaked “4 realz”?

so far i love everything except for that second bridge in american soul... trying so hard to digest it...

also first post, yay :wave:

Last edited:
Okay, gonna start my second listen now. First impressions: a varied yet consistent album with surprisingly great melodies

A thought just occurred: what chances of the TBT-GOOYOW-AS sequence going down as a trio as reviled as the unholy trinity on NLOTH? I think they fit the album better, but don't trust myself this close to the first listen.

So how good is this audio leak? Worth a shot?

In my opinion, no. It sounds awful. Inconsistent volume, poor separation of instruments and vocals, audible artifacts all over the place, it's only worth it if you can't survive without hearing the album this very second. I jumped around a lot to see if it was an issue with specific files and it's just a bad leak all around.

If there's a better version floating around, I'm open to hearing it.

Last edited:
A thought just occurred: what chances of the TBT-GOOYOW-AS sequence going down as a trio as reviled as the unholy trinity on NLOTH? I think they fit the album better, but don't trust myself this close to the first listen.

Well, we all have had some time with all 3 of these tracks. Even those who aren't crazy about them seem to be finding them far better than Crazy-Boots-SUC.

Crazy Tonight is better than any of them. Boots and SUC are about on par.

Listening to little things. Really liking the studio version.

Yep. I really liked it live, especially Kimmel, but had high hopes the band would actually be involved a bit more for the first section of the song on the album version.
As it turns out they're more involved than I hoped, and the song is better for it.
Perhaps there could be a few less words in it. Perhaps AEdge could take that guitar at the end and climb into something even biger (I'm thinking the live ending of One vs studio version).
But it's a truly big song.
My non-fan wife listened to the album with me (she liked it). Near the End of Little Things she said "this is massive". U2 do "massive" better than anyone.

My non-fan wife listened to the album with me (she liked it). Near the End of Little Things she said "this is massive". U2 do "massive" better than anyone.

Truer words are rarely spoken

In my opinion, no. It sounds awful. Inconsistent volume, poor separation of instruments and vocals, audible artifacts all over the place, it's only worth it if you can't survive without hearing the album this very second. I jumped around a lot to see if it was an issue with specific files and it's just a bad leak all around.

Good to know,will be avoiding it. Cheers!

I am going to wait until Friday but was just curious about LIAWHL. In the cat video it sounded like a female voice before Bono sings the title. Is it a woman? And is the melody the same?
Also is Lady Gaga actually on one of these songs or has her part been shelved?

This. I've turned it off after few seconds. I hope the proper rip leaks ASAP :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom