SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! he blamed me for link. someone else got it up before i even figured out how to record and upload

I'm probably in the minority but just not feeling SOE. I know this is not a high quality version but don't know what the fuss about with tracks like Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, Love is Bigger..., The Showman that everyone is liking.
First off they start they album with Love is all we have left that is going to put everyone to sleep right at the beginning and end with another snoozer that is a ripooff of Song for Someone.
I actually think U2 released the best songs Blackout, Your The Best Thing, Get out of your own way and American Soul (I'm really liking this song even with the Volcano part) but not enough to save the album which on the whole has a tame feeling and sound.
SOI im my opinion is way better, liked it on first listen and for that matter even like NLOTH better.
Maybe, my opinion will change once I hear higher quality or until the CD arrives.

DONT download and share that link the audio quality isn’t even a digital download and I’m pretty disappointed with Koci for leaking it to the internet

DONT download and share that link the audio quality isn’t even a digital download and I’m pretty disappointed with Koci for leaking it to the internet

You’ve got to be kidding me.

What on earth did you expect? It’s 2017. You decided to do this.

I'm waiting till Friday, wife's away in London. New u2 album after work with take away for tea :) can't wait.

look at my post history, it wasn't me. i tried to record but someone else got it before i did. all i did was share that link.

Listening to the album right now. Need to hear the high-quality version to make full judgment, but I'm mostly enjoying it so far. Nothing is really standing out, but standouts can grow over time, so I'm hardly panicking. Especially considering that the singles have all grown on me. I'm enjoying this thing on first listen a bit more than I enjoyed SOI on first listen.

However, am I right in thinking that The Showman is absolutely one of the worst things that U2 have ever created? Last time I had that reaction was Volcano and Raised By Wolves on first listen, neither of which do I like now.

Even though the quality of the leak is poor, on first listen it’s a great album! Really impressed.

Listening to the album right now. Need to hear the high-quality version to make full judgment, but I'm mostly enjoying it so far. Nothing is really standing out, but standouts can grow over time, so I'm hardly panicking. Especially considering that the singles have all grown on me. I'm enjoying this thing on first listen a bit more than I enjoyed SOI on first listen.

However, am I right in thinking that The Showman is absolutely one of the worst things that U2 have ever created? Last time I had that reaction was Volcano and Raised By Wolves on first listen, neither of which do I like now.
Volcano and raised by wolves poor???? Hmm,each to their own!

Yeah...that basically completely discredits anything that you say about their music for me if you truly believe that. To each his own I guess.

Thanks for leaking it sir. They've been cockteasing us for 3 months though, of course we're going to record it and download it.

So I fell off the wagon. One more listen, just one till next friday

Leeeaaakkk dammit

One question... are we sure that jag0918 is in fact Rob Giannotti?

If you are, no offence meant. In fact, regardless of whether or not it's reasonable to expect that no one is going to share a new U2 album after you shared it with diehard fans, we all owe you a great debt because you made a lot of people's days today.

But it was gonna be shared once it was out there. Let's not play the blame game please, Louise

One question... are we sure that jag0918 is in fact Rob Giannotti?

If you are, no offence meant. In fact, regardless of whether or not it's reasonable to expect that no one is going to share a new U2 album after you shared it with diehard fans, we all owe you a great debt because you made a lot of people's days today.

But it was gonna be shared once it was out there. Let's not play the blame game please, Louise

He did claim it was him.

Yeah...that basically completely discredits anything that you say about their music for me if you truly believe that. To each his own I guess.

Lol, in which Interference discovers my propensity for unpopular opinions.

I listened to Showman again and hated it less. The “little more better” lyric is driving me up a wall but we’ll see if it’s more of an “ATM machine” (forgivable error) or a “stop helping God across the road like a little old lady” (unforgivable disgrace) lyric in Interference’s collective mind in years to come.

He did claim it was him.
I know, and once again I mean no offence, but it just seems strange that someone who shared it in the first place would think it won't be re-shared. But it's possible I guess.

Anyway, a massive thanks. Rob Giannotti is the person of the day in my book, Cook.

The Showman isn’t a song I’ll be returning to for repeat plays but it’s a feel good tune and makes the band sound very young and fun which I think is the point of some of these songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom