SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't regret listening to this leak.

On first listen, I fucking love this record. I think it's gonna stick around.

i think it's pretty uncool actually, for a fan to be the source of the leak while everyone else has been playing by the rules in what seems like a really carefully thought-out release procedure

I agree with you but I think apart from us hardcore fans, the casual fans will not even know this exists. Like someone mentioned here before unless it goes on torrents, this will only reach a few hundred people maybe a few thousand. But yes what he did is risky especially since like you said he is identifiable.

U2: “We really want to push Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way. Make sure to call it epic when you leak it.”

Today's my birthday. The leak was the best present to start the day with.

"Nothing to stop this being the best day ever..."

Hey guys? We know a few fine people already have the album. If anyone cares to share it and make everyone thanksgiving here in America and the rest of the world the most memorable holiday in decades please feel free to share. It would be most appreciated. Thanks and God speed :)

BUT DON'T SHARE IT OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING THE ALBUM COMES OUT IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!

for real?

are you a fucking idiot? what did you THINK was going to happen?!

Haha it's madness! The guy bangs on impatiently for days wanting a leak of the album then gets mad at people sharing the album that he leaked himself, telling them to wait a week?! Fucking hell...:doh:

I have to say that The Little Things is an absolute masterpiece. Anyone who says U2 are finished, play them the studio version of this. Breathtaking stuff

Also I'm so happy that the final verse that was sang by Bono on the Jimmy Kimmel show has stuck and is on the final album version

"When the painted glass shatters, i can see you through the tears" line - this one resonates with me so powerfully. This track is incredible!!

While I appreciated that he gave us a listen, I have to agree, what the hell did he think was going to happen?? Lol he can’t be honestly mad that someone recorded his stream! It is his own doing and should have thought of the consequences before doing the deed. Anyway I listened to it three times as he streamed it. It’s certainly a different sound and might be a great album. Only time will tell. But I will no longer listen until a proper quality is available I don’t want this to ruin the songs for me.

Wow. This album exceeded my expectations. A very nice flow, and none of the songs feel out of place.
The music will only sound better when it’s officially released a few days from now. Other than that, I also don’t regret listening to the leak.

Little Things “destroyed” me - incredibly beautiful. [emoji24][emoji24]

Should I listen to the leak or shouldn't I??? Where actually is the leak?

Wow. This album exceeded my expectations. A very nice flow, and none of the songs feel out of place.
The music will only sound better when it’s officially released a few days from now. Other than that, I also don’t regret listening to the leak.

Little Things “destroyed” me - incredibly beautiful. [emoji24][emoji24]

The fact that the first 8 songs are strong and then get clobbered by the last 5 is just wonderful.

The fact that the first 8 songs are strong and then get clobbered by the last 5 is just wonderful.

oh shit i am getting nervous about hearing it - i don't want to get emotionally clobbered :crack:

The songs with snippets from SOI are just a no. I get what they're trying to do but it doesn't work at all. 13 is ruined by Song for Someone.

It “ruins” it for you? Really? This is just a weird reaction that shows you are actively looking for something to dislike about it.

"Love is all we have left" would be a perfect segue into WTSHNN - I'm getting goosebumps just by the thought of how beautiful this might sound.

It's so hard to resist, usually i don't hesitate but i wanna here it in HQ first. Don't want to ruin the first impression..

You know, I was thinking the same thing this morning. I heard it, and I don't regret it one bit. It's good enough for you to be able to make out the song's qualities and layers, and the good thing is that you will appreciate the songs you like even more when you hear the HQ version.

Plus, the rationalisation (let's call it what it is), I used was that who knows in these uncertain times whether I will get to see next friday. When it's there, why not grab it?

You listen to it yet Headache? I didn’t see any comments from you. Might have just missed them.
I listened to the entire thing last night.

The album that actually came to mind upon hearing it was Springsteen's Wrecking Ball... not in that the two albums sound anything like each other (they don't) but rather in how an aging artist can put together an album that sounds fresh and modern without it sounding forced or pandering, which honestly has been my biggest fear with this band since the onset of the Tedder era... and is my biggest criticism of Songs of Innocence, and even No Line.

I still need to listen to the entire thing again, and of course need a high quality stream before I can make a real judgement, but it sounds terrific on the first pass.

well that's backfired because Jarvio hates the album already because of the special notification sound effects :D

lol what, I post plenty of positive things here about U2's music and not only do people only concentrate on the negative, but now they're making things up...

Anyway, a question for dabiggestU2fan - how and where did you hear Book of your heart?

You know, I was thinking the same thing this morning. I heard it, and I don't regret it one bit. It's good enough for you to be able to make out the song's qualities and layers, and the good thing is that you will appreciate the songs you like even more when you hear the HQ version.

Plus, the rationalisation (let's call it what it is), I used was that who knows in these uncertain times whether I will get to see next friday. When it's there, why not grab it?
Yea we're all so spoiled now a days with how easy it is to have high-quality music in your pocket and Sonos speakers and whatnot.

But it's definitely listenable (the commentary aside)... sounds what it might have sounded like to listen to it on cassette tape back in "the day"

I listened to the entire thing last night.

The album that actually came to mind upon hearing it was Springsteen's Wrecking Ball... not in that the two albums sound anything like each other (they don't) but rather in how an aging artist can put together an album that sounds fresh and modern without it sounding forced or pandering, which honestly has been my biggest fear with this band since the onset of the Tedder era... and is my biggest criticism of Songs of Innocence, and even No Line.

I still need to listen to the entire thing again, and of course need a high quality stream before I can make a real judgement, but it sounds terrific on the first pass.
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom