SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do I have to see a chick holding her piss every time I come here?

Says Senior Poop with an avatar with literal poo in it.

Also I don't know what you mean.

He's another one of those weirdos who uses the phone app without disabling the thread images.

What is this, 2014?

Also I can't believe there's anybody who uses the desktop forum without switching to the classic blue crack version.

He's another one of those weirdos who uses the phone app without disabling the thread images.

What is this, 2014?

Also I can't believe there's anybody who uses the desktop forum without switching to the classic blue crack version.

I LOVE the thread images. They all look so hilarious and out of context when seen together.

IMG_3353.JPG
Where else would you see Face-palm Jesus and a girl with a raging UTI in one place? Only Interference.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Only a week to go now!

Last edited:
8DBFC599-46A1-405D-B87A-357BABDEEF6A.jpeg

So I picked up the Blackout RSD single. The Jacknife Lee Remix is interesting. I can’t tell you more because I only listened to it once...

From U2Start

One of our site members just heard Summer Of Love: "Super Ed Sheeran-ish guitar work by Edge, feels like single number 3, vocally and melodically it feels like a extension of Ordinary Love

Some lyrics from Summer of Love!

The winter
Doesn’t want you
It haunts you
Summer serenadings
A long way
From this frozen place
Your face
Our teacher
Our preacher
It’s nature
And like flowers growing in a bomb crater
From nothing
A rose
It grows

From U2Start

One of our site members just heard Summer Of Love: "Super Ed Sheeran-ish guitar work by Edge, feels like single number 3, vocally and melodically it feels like a extension of Ordinary Love

Some lyrics from Summer of Love!

The winter
Doesn’t want you
It haunts you
Summer serenadings
A long way
From this frozen place
Your face
Our teacher
Our preacher
It’s nature
And like flowers growing in a bomb crater
From nothing
A rose
It grows

The Ordinary Love comparison dampens my excitement about this song a bit. I like the lyrics however.

The Ordinary Love comparison dampens my excitement about this song a bit. I like the lyrics however.

Me too but that’s just one listeners interpretation. Ones Ordinary Love is another’s Elevation is another’s Still Haven’t Found.

We shall see in:

IMG_7879.JPG

Im no Ordinary Love fan, but I think they may be trying to get across the acoustic driven sound of it. Been called bouncy, light, catchy.
I’m fine with that style, it doesn’t mean it sounds similar to Ordinary Love.

Still think it will be one of the strong songs on the album.

Anyone more versed in Ed Sheeran guitar sound? What do u think that means? Sort of finger picking acoustic style? I haven’t paid enough attention to him to really know.

Pretty cool lyrics though.

Ed Sheeran? Finger picking? That guy basically is exclusively a chord strummer.

Like I said, I haven’t a clue. So strumming. Also strumming in Ordinary Love. And like 9 million other songs. Not putting too much into the description I guess.

So the songs we haven’t heard yet, those supposed to have more depth, are getting Owl City and Ed Sheeran treatment. Yeesh.

So the songs we haven’t heard yet, those supposed to have more depth, are getting Owl City and Ed Sheeran treatment. Yeesh.

Again, I think we need to wait until we hear the whole album. I mentioned it earlier, but the quote that sticks with me is when Bono quotes Noel Gallagher saying:

"Oh I get it, Songs of Innocence is about Experience, and Songs of Experience is about Innocence."

It made me think of the serious, somber, more reflective tone of SOI, and from what we have heard of SOE and the interviews, it's more pop-oriented, fresh, lighter. Could be part of the grand plan that ties it all together.

And again, Bono said "At the back end of Experience, you can gain Innocence again." I think that may refer to "writing as if you're dead."

Doesn't mean the songs will be great, but maybe gives a little context to what we are hearing?:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom